The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   General Maintenance (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/general-maintenance/)
-   -   Wash and Buff/Wax - Before and After Photos - Davanti Z225 (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/general-maintenance/10196-wash-buff-wax-before-after-photos-davanti-z225.html)

Z225 Davanti 06-04-2015 03:41 AM

Wash and Buff/Wax - Before and After Photos - Davanti Z225

4 Attachment(s)
Heyo -

Just thought I'd share a few before and after photos of a (fairly) quick wash and buff/wax job I did on our Mariah this spring after pulling it out of storage. I also cleaned off all the old graphics that were in pretty rough shape. All in, probably took maybe 3-4 hours of steady work... I got distracted with a beer or a new bimini install here and there. I thought it turned out pretty well.

Curious... does anyone have any examples of what they've done for a more modern graphics package? I'm contemplating just leaving it as is, a little cleaner looking... maybe removing the Davanti as well.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Adam

Motoxxx43 06-04-2015 02:40 PM

Re: Wash and Buff/Wax - Before and After Photos - Davanti Z225

Looks ready for the season! What did you end up buffing with?

Z225 Davanti 06-04-2015 03:31 PM

Thanks... I used Meguiar's Cleaner Wax and a random orbital. I probably would have used my 3M Cleaner and Wax but it was in our other boat. Mequiar's did well.

ShabahZ280 06-05-2015 03:21 PM

Looking Good!! I too, removed the original decal package, since it was in bad shape. Tried to order replacements, but they weren't available, and redoing them just seemed like too much work. I'm with you, I think the boat looks a bit more modern and clean without them, and I've never really seen an aftermarket decal package that looks great on these boats. It's either the original graphics, or none at all in my book!

theeasynine 06-05-2015 05:36 PM

Looks good! Nothing like a good wax job to bring back the shine. Are you missing the shields by the Mariah name on the side?

Z225 Davanti 06-13-2015 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theeasynine (Post 56815)
Looks good! Nothing like a good wax job to bring back the shine. Are you missing the shields by the Mariah name on the side?

Yes, I am missing the shields and I wouldn't mind replacing them, it's just been lower down the priority list this spring. Someone on here know where to find them?

ShabahZ280 06-16-2015 03:15 PM

Ebay has them, around $50/pair if I remember right. They're just a slight bit different than the originals, but most people never would know the difference. :wink_thumbup: