The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat/Off-Topic (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/chit-chat-off-topic/)
-   -   forced to be a couch potato (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/chit-chat-off-topic/9092-forced-couch-potato.html)

Txtruckerpaul 03-09-2014 04:14 PM

forced to be a couch potato

Going out of my mind here. Went to the ER the other day with a sharp pain in my gut while at work. Found out that I've got an abdominal hernia and the dr wants to cut on me. Have surgery scheduled for tuesday the 11th, but until then, I have doctor's orders not to do anything that involves getting out of bed or the couch. This really stinks, as I am a busybody and have plenty of things to get done. Got parts in the mail yesterday that go on my boat and all I can do is stare at them. This is not fun to say the least! ready to get this thing fixed and healed up so I can get back to work. Sad thing is, the dr told me I'll be down at least a week after surgery. yuk!:mad:

mikeyt 03-09-2014 04:24 PM

Re: forced to be a couch potato

I'm NOT envious of you right now..... :shakehead:

ColoradoDiablo 03-09-2014 05:21 PM

I feel for ya Paul.:(
At least it happened now and not this summer.
Hang in there , come June..........it'll all be a faded memory.:wink_thumbup:

Best of wishes with your surgery:)

Txtruckerpaul 03-10-2014 12:17 AM

I'm not either, Mikey. You are right Larry. It could've happen in June, right in boating season. That wouldn't have been cool. Thanks for the well wishes. Going under the knife Tuesday, and hope it'll be a quick recovery

mikeyt 03-10-2014 12:44 AM

Hope all goes well! :wink_thumbup:

Motoxxx43 03-10-2014 01:21 AM

Good luck with your operation and have a speedy recovery!

Txtruckerpaul 03-10-2014 02:47 AM

Thanks for the kind thoughts Mikey and motox!

ShabahZ280 03-10-2014 03:06 PM

Good luck Paul! Best wishes for a quick recovery! :wink_thumbup:

Txtruckerpaul 03-13-2014 02:18 PM

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers. Had the surgery Tuesday morning and all went well. Yesterday was probably the worst. Couldn't hardly move and the pain was unreal. Never knew how much I used my stomach muscles until a doctor goes in and cuts them in two. Hernia mesh seems to be holding up well and today is a much better day. Never been much of a pill popper, but hydrocodone is my best friend right now. Should be back to my old self in no time. I got my gimbal bearing tools in yesterday, so as soon as I feel up to it, I'll be working on that. Yes, Larry, I decided to tackle that chore myself. The boat shop is already backed up for a month

Motoxxx43 03-13-2014 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Txtruckerpaul (Post 51001)
Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers. Had the surgery Tuesday morning and all went well. Yesterday was probably the worst. Couldn't hardly move and the pain was unreal. Never knew how much I used my stomach muscles until a doctor goes in and cuts them in two. Hernia mesh seems to be holding up well and today is a much better day. Never been much of a pill popper, but hydrocodone is my best friend right now. Should be back to my old self in no time. I got my gimbal bearing tools in yesterday, so as soon as I feel up to it, I'll be working on that. Yes, Larry, I decided to tackle that chore myself. The boat shop is already backed up for a month

Good to hear it went well!
as for the bearing, they aren't that bad. Check your alignment while your in there!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk