The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat/Off-Topic (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/chit-chat-off-topic/)
-   -   What 40+" Of Snow In Colorado Does (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/chit-chat-off-topic/9025-what-40-snow-colorado-does.html)

ColoradoDiablo 02-01-2014 01:43 AM

What 40+" Of Snow In Colorado Does

1 Attachment(s)
My brother In Law sent me this today from Leadville , about a hour away from me.
This was taken at 9:30 Am. It had dumped 40" in the last 2 days , and was still coming down.
Only 8" here in Salida , but Monarch Pass just to the west has been shutdown twice today because of avalanches!:eek_animated: They got 34" so far at the ski area.
Looks like more on the way too!
Well plenty of water for summer fun .............. if it will ever melt all the snow!:yes_grin:
Problem is ........... I already have cabin fever , now what?

Andy b 02-01-2014 10:33 AM

Re: What 40+" Of Snow In Colorado Does

Hmmm! Interesting.
A shop that sells snow. Not a great idea at this time of year???

They'd better put a roof on it before spring or they'll lose all their stock! :rolleyes:

Motoxxx43 02-01-2014 05:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 5183

It has been snowing on/off past 2 days here. Couldn't give you a measurement on the amount but the snow on the red pickup has accumulated in the past 12 hours or so an there was at least that much on the ground before it picked up last night.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

mikeyt 02-01-2014 05:44 PM

We're supposed to be in for another 7" of the white stuff here today and possibly more by the middle of next week. :(

Motoxxx43 02-01-2014 05:47 PM

I enjoy it. The snow assures me that boating will be decent in the coming season. We were the second lowest on record last summer since the 70's

Andy b 02-01-2014 06:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
You guy's panicking about the water levels this summer!
Huh!!!
Do you want some of ours?

mikeyt 02-01-2014 09:09 PM

Actually this heavy snow should help the Great Lakes water levels this year so there is a positive side to it. Its too bad some of the drought stricken areas couldn't share in this snow though...

Andy just think, a few degrees colder at your end and you could be sharing in the heavy snow too! :yes_grin:

Andy b 02-01-2014 10:33 PM

In the past few years February has been our month for snow. And with the temps dropping by the day it looks like it's going to be the same this year too.

The flooding in the south/southwest of the UK this year is very bad.
If it freezes and then snows, God help us :shakehead:

Roll on the summer

Motoxxx43 02-05-2014 02:35 AM

It feels like its been cloudy an snowy for a week straight at this point. Either way, much better than blowing dust an tumbleweed storms. Plus thus white stuff is a huge change in scenery over the bland brown desert we get through the winter.

Motoxxx43 02-05-2014 02:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
And it doesn't look like it will let up anytime soon...Attachment 5193