The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat/Off-Topic (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/chit-chat-off-topic/)
-   -   Pet Peeve's (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/chit-chat-off-topic/8002-pet-peeves.html)

Oregondunes 04-24-2013 04:44 PM

Pet Peeve's

What is your biggest pet peeve while on your boat? Basically, what do passengers do that drive you crazy?

This should be an interesting thread to see everyone's posts. The list can go on forever, but the few of mine are...........

1. Friends that you invite that never bring anything (no beer, no food, no sun screen, etc.) and just expect that since I invited, I was going to supply it all. Worse yet, never offering any money for gas.

2. Stepping all over my interior with their shoes and sandals on. Do you think they would like it if I came over to their house and walked on their couch with mine on ? Take them off on the dock first.

michaeltrotta 04-24-2013 05:24 PM

Re: Pet Peeve's

You hit the nail on the head with your 2 reasons. Those have to be the top 2.

Oregondunes 04-24-2013 05:26 PM

I've never had it happen, but lighting up a cigarette would be my third

woodward33 04-24-2013 07:40 PM

Just off the top of my head...

1. Setting a mixed drink on a smooth surface of my boat (not in a cupholder -- just BEGGING to be spilled) and thinking its going to stay there. :confused:

2. Pulling my anchor aboard when its still covered in mud.

3. After cruising around all day long they'll hand me a $20 for gas. I suppose the gesture is nice, but after burning $300+ in fuel I usually just tell them to keep it.

I'm sure there's more I could come up with if boating season were in full force.

Andy b 04-24-2013 08:11 PM

The uninvited guest(s)!

Usually a mate of a mate (and the mate’s kids!)
None of them have ever been on a boat before and all need the toilet ten minutes after leaving the dock.

mikeyt 04-24-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy b (Post 43373)
The uninvited guest(s)!

Usually a mate of a mate (and the mate’s kids!)
None of them have ever been on a boat before and all need the toilet ten minutes after leaving the dock.

Tell 'em to hang it over the side of the boat.....

mikeyt 04-24-2013 08:38 PM

I'm thinking my pet peeve is the missus not havin' dinner or an open beer ready for me when i dock the boat...... and if she reads this post this is what i'll get... :punch_out:

Andy b 04-24-2013 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyt (Post 43376)
Tell 'em to hang it over the side of the boat.....

Funny story there!
I told said child to stand on the swim platform and go out the back. he then stood out there and pee'd into the boat! :eek_animated:
lucky for him that was in the Sea Ray, if it had been the Mariah i think the throttle might have got a little shove :yes_grin:

blockp 04-24-2013 08:59 PM

Seen lots of stupid stuff on boats and at boat launches. Probably my biggest peeve though is when pulling a tube or skier and someone decides to follow right behind me in my wake.

For crying out loud! Our lake is 35 miles long by 10 miles wide, you have to drive your flippin' boat right there while I'm pulling a kid!! :stick_em_up:

blockp 04-24-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy b (Post 43383)
Funny story there!
I told said child to stand on the swim platform and go out the back. he then stood out there and pee'd into the boat! :eek_animated:
lucky for him that was in the Sea Ray, if it had been the Mariah i think the throttle might have got a little shove :yes_grin:

That's pretty funny. When we had our Shabah, we met up with a friend (with a new to him glasstron) and tied up in a cove. Our dog was pacing all over and just wouldn't lay down. After tying up, dog headed right over to his boat and proceeded to pee on the swim deck. I patted her head and said good dog! :rolling_laugh:

Even a glasstron, I'm glad it was the just swim deck though and not his carpet!