The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat/Off-Topic (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/chit-chat-off-topic/)
-   -   Winter (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/chit-chat-off-topic/7639-winter.html)

Motorcyclesmack 12-02-2012 02:30 PM

Winter

:(Yes I have to let all my MOC friends know I live in Ohio and right now the weather isn't all that bad yet but it will get worse so there is no boating for a few months yet. Make no mistake I will be out asap. To finish up what I am saying me personally I HATE WINTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad:

ShabahZ280 12-02-2012 02:40 PM

Re: Winter

Fellow Ohioan here, so i completely understand... Use the wintertime to do some projects and get your boat ready for April-May!

ColoradoDiablo 12-02-2012 02:50 PM

Someday , I will load up the 5th wheel and the boat , head south , drive til when I ask the question: "Does it snow here?"...........when they answer saying: "What's that?" , I know I found my new home. :)
Of course , there has to be lots of water near by. :)

Andy b 12-03-2012 07:56 PM

Here in Hampshire on the south coast of the UK we had our first frost the other morning!
The average daytime temp has dropped to about 6*c, But I plan to keep boating for as long as possible as the boat is dry stacked till April.
It would be a waste not to take advantage of just making a call and having the boat in the water on my arrival :yes_grin:
Some of the best days boating are to be had in the winter around here, days when the water is like glass and there isn’t another boat in sight.

mikeyt 12-03-2012 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy b (Post 40471)
Here in Hampshire on the south coast of the UK we had our first frost the other morning!
The average daytime temp has dropped to about 6*c, But I plan to keep boating for as long as possible as the boat is dry stacked till April.
It would be a waste not to take advantage of just making a call and having the boat in the water on my arrival :yes_grin:
Some of the best days boating are to be had in the winter around here, days when the water is like glass and there isn’t another boat in sight.

Do you give any thought to winterizing your engine & outdrive? The last thing you want is a cracked block or burst seal...

Andy b 12-04-2012 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyt (Post 40472)
Do you give any thought to winterizing your engine & outdrive? The last thing you want is a cracked block or burst seal...

Never have winterized any of my boats, but to be fair the winters here never are that harsh. certainly not block crackingly so! we've got the gulf stream to thank for that :)
I just give the boat a flush then drain down after every use. If i know it's gona get a bit colder then maybe run some anti freeze through the frush muffs and a quilt over the engine under the sun pad but that all. never had a problem yet and like i say some of the best days are cold crisp winter days when i've got the solent neally all to myself :wink_thumbup:

mikeyt 12-04-2012 06:15 PM

I had forgotten that it rarely goes below freezing in that area. Where i am the boat goes to bed in October and wakes from its hibernation in May. :(

Andy b 12-04-2012 06:40 PM

i'l have to film some winter runs with the go pro when i get back out there.
it's one of the only plus points about running in salt walter, i bet most of you lake boys have to take up skating over the winter months

mikeyt 12-04-2012 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy b (Post 40482)
i'l have to film some winter runs with the go pro when i get back out there.
it's one of the only plus points about running in salt walter, i bet most of you lake boys have to take up skating over the winter months

Or ice fishing..... or staying home by the fireplace with a bottle of single malt scotch. :wink_thumbup:

Andy b 12-04-2012 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyt (Post 40483)
Or ice fishing..... or staying home by the fireplace with a bottle of single malt scotch. :wink_thumbup:

better than anti freeze any day :yes_grin: