The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat/Off-Topic (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/chit-chat-off-topic/)
-   -   Murphy's Law (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/chit-chat-off-topic/7529-murphys-law.html)

husker_fan 10-13-2012 10:11 PM

Murphy's Law

Here's a good one. I decided today was the day to winterize. Had all my filters, oil, antifreeze ready. Put the boat in the driveway, muffs on, water on and fired her up. Oh, wait, it wouldn't start. No power to the purple wire coming off the starter solenoid. Jumper wired it to make it run. Started warming it up, told my wife to lower the trim while I watched so it didn't hit the concrete. Oh, wait, the trim doesn't work now either. Several hours later I have a winterized boat without the oil changed (pump I bought new today to suck the oil out didn't pump anything but air). The trim and starter issues will have to wait till spring. Just thought I'd share my good fortune now that I'm not mad enough to take an axe to my boat(that ran perfect the last time I had it out). I am laughing now because this would normally be something that'd happen to me in the middle of the lake.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

ColoradoDiablo 10-14-2012 12:30 AM

Re: Murphy's Law

It suxs , but at least it waited til the end of your season like you said :)

Larry

mikeyt 10-14-2012 02:48 AM

Been there. :yes_grin:

m&mmariah 10-14-2012 04:21 AM

I winterized mine today, too, as we just got back from two great days at Lake Havasu, AZ. For every bad experience, there's 100 good ones. Changed the engine oil, installed new oil filter & fuel/water separator filter, drained water from the block, the exhaust manifolds and the power steering cooler, fogged engine, and removed battery. Wife unit even vacuumed the carpet and cleaned the interior. I think I'm ready to put her away for a few months! Spring/summer will be her before we know it....Then it's time for a new impeller and fresh gear oil--and maybe spark plugs too, as they've been in for two seasons. Hoping for a wet winter and full lakes for next season!

husker_fan 10-15-2012 05:14 AM

I've been thinking......these two things might be related. Odd both things lost power at the same time. Maybe something ignition switch related or a loss of power to a circuit? I may not be able to wait till spring to mess with it. ;)

husker_fan 10-20-2012 01:13 AM

Found the trim problem, bad connection. Starting issue I think is a bad starter solenoid. My r terminal has no power to run the fuel pump. Hopefully I'll find a solenoid here in town tomorrow.

ConVICK_Pitbull 10-23-2012 08:23 PM

I can get you a ARCO starter. They are frankly the best ones to use in my opinion:yes_grin:.

husker_fan 10-23-2012 08:57 PM

I already ordered a new solenoid for 14 bucks shipped to my door, should be here by the 31st. No plans to replace the starter.