The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat/Off-Topic (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/chit-chat-off-topic/)
-   -   Who's Ready for their Next Boat? (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/chit-chat-off-topic/713-whos-ready-their-next-boat.html)

ShabahZ280 02-13-2008 01:14 AM

I've already got my next boat picked out, and it just happens to be another Mariah!!!

180diablo 02-13-2008 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShabahZ250 (Post 3844)
I've already got my next boat picked out, and it just happens to be another Mariah!!!

Well I hope so ! :p

We can't have an admin on a Mariah site driving "some other boat manufacturer" now can we !

mikeyt 02-13-2008 04:16 PM

Maybe he's a closet Bayliner lover.... :rolling_laugh:

ShabahZ280 02-13-2008 06:21 PM

i oughtta ban your ass for that comment! :rolling_laugh:

remember my old saying "friends don't let friends drive bayliners"

all the hard work i've put into this site, you think I'd leave all you guys? No way... I'm just taking my time finding the boat that's everything I want. Oh yeah, and an affordable one too... Finding a Mariah is hard enough, let alone finding one with all the options and affordable, man, I'll be looking for a long time... Took me a year alone just to find my current one! But, I'll clue you guys in... 30ft and probably one of the most rare Mariah's ever made :)

mikeyt 02-13-2008 06:40 PM

and you would miss me something terrible... :yes_grin:

Does your new boat look anything like WetWilly's avatar ? :p

z275st 02-13-2008 09:21 PM

Chris,

I am guessing you a Z300 or Z308 MCC type of guy!!!
Heavy on the Z308 side!:cool:

ShabahZ280 02-14-2008 12:26 AM

Looks like somebody's been reading all my posts! :yes_grin:

You're right! I was originally considering the Z302, then the Z300, but now I'm keeping my eyes open for a Z308 with twin 4.3's or possibly diesels. A/C, Generator & the Cherrywood interior. I absolutely love the layout, and I think probably in another 5yrs or so (or if my salary triples before then!). Or if gas prices go up, maybe I'll trade to something smaller, or swap in a more fuel efficient engine. Maybe a 6.2L or a 383?

Until then, I'm going to do a lot of projects on mine, restoring several things to OEM quality, and doing an intense beautification project.

Who else has their next Mariah picked out?

indykoch 02-14-2008 01:53 AM

I'd love one of the mid-cabin bow riders... after I find the money to buy one... after I find the place to store it... after I find the vehicle to tow it... after I find... well, you get the picture.

My problem is, I'm a person of extremes. Z package, every option, biggest engine possible, killer stereo, is all a must. I figure as long as it would take to find this perfect boat, is as long as it would take to find the money, garage, vehicle!!!!!!

z275st 02-14-2008 02:01 AM

Chris,

Actually, I have not read many old posts. “It was deduction my dear Watson”
I can tell from your boat you like a cuddy. I think I did read that cruising, not top speed is your preference. There are no kids in your pics so you aren’t pressured into an open bow yet. You and your wife are young so a nice large romantic cabin would be a great place to “make” those kids. Lastly, by the way you talk, you take great pride in your Mariah.
So what boat best meets these criteria? The look of the Z308, it’s the perfect fit!

Z 202 02-14-2008 02:13 AM

My current boat suits my needs right now. I haven't been hit by any nagging case of two-foot-itis... yet.

I did show the wife a Z302 that was for sale on eBay last summer and her response was an enthusiastic "Yeah!". Unfortunately things like the kids' dance lessons, organized sports, and college funds are eating up my our disposable income right now, so we'll just have to wait...