The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat/Off-Topic (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/chit-chat-off-topic/)
-   -   Im so sick of this weather already (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/chit-chat-off-topic/6441-im-so-sick-weather-already.html)

Oregondunes 01-23-2012 03:02 AM

Im so sick of this weather already

Ending 2011, Oregon had one it's driest winters in a long time. Now January, were ahead by about 4 inches. We got some snow last week here in the Portland area that had me a lil excited, but the day ended with rain and washed it all away.

Mt Hood got 90 inches of snow in 6 days last week. Now it's fore casted to get 40 degree weather and rain most of the week.

Don't get me wrong, even as green as our state is known for and we do need the water in our reservoirs, I'm just not ready for it all at one time. The rivers are already so swollen and weve had some flooding issues around the state.

I either want it to snow and act like some sort of real winter, or get it over and let the sun shine so we can get the boat out.

Sorry for the rant, but my hair was wet running from the car to the house just now.

Check out what happened at the beach this past week. Storm buries homes: 'Worst I have seen it with the sand' | Local & Regional News for Eugene, Springfield Oregon | Eugene News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | KVAL CBS 13

darkcalling 01-23-2012 02:04 PM

Re: Im so sick of this weather already

I hear ya the weather here has been crazy warm other then last week's deep freeze. I mean for a winter here warm and the exact opposite very very dry here.

mikeyt 01-23-2012 02:33 PM

I hear you and i'm already sick of the weather this winter. I've been watching the CNN weather guys go on about the snow & then the rain in the north west. It's been a bit silly all over this winter. We've been bouncing between temps in the 20's & then the 40's from day to day. It's about 42 here today and pissing rain here today after we had temps in the teens & low 20's for the last 3 or so days. And the temp is supposed to drop back to the mid 20's tomorrow. And they wonder why so many people around here are sick with colds etc. I think it's time for a "Benelyn Day"...

Maybe the Mariah Owners Club could buy a private island in the Caribbean for our use? :)

darkcalling 01-23-2012 04:55 PM

I second Mikey's motion, and put forward the motion that we start collecting funds for said island. :)

Oregondunes 01-23-2012 06:35 PM

Id just go for a weekend in the Keys or Corpus Cristi right about now.

Id love to make a run to some foreign island some day. Knowing that I had enough fuel to make it.

StevieT 01-24-2012 12:00 AM

I have been to Portland 3 times in last 3 years I sell Western Star trucks. I love it there, appears alot of boating opportunities.

Oregondunes 01-24-2012 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StevieT (Post 33946)
I have been to Portland 3 times in last 3 years I sell Western Star trucks. I love it there, appears alot of boating opportunities.

We have the Willamette River that runs right thru the middle of town, separating East from the West side of Portland and then the Columbia that separates Oregon from Washington. You can run from downtown Portland all the way to the Pacific Ocean in about 3.5 hours, or all the way to Idaho cruising thru like 6 dams with locks. Thats a full day on the water (12-14 hours) one way.

StevieT 01-27-2012 12:40 AM

We actually took a cruise on the Porland Spirit south from Downtown on the Willamette one nite there for a dinner cruise with customers . The Western Star Trucks are built there and thats how I occasionally get there for customer plant tours. Two of my customers have have boats ( 1 Rinker 24'ob and the other a 29' Sunsation ) we toured the dock area just south of downtown and saw some pretty large cruisers along with a National Geographic Cutter that was there the day which we dont see here in the midwest.
Another trip I was there we went to Mullhond Falls area on the Hood river and had a dinner there as well. Area seems like boating and salmon fishing are a daily occurence there.
Your Lucky to be in that area, Boating , Mountains and very beautiful scenery