The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat/Off-Topic (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/chit-chat-off-topic/)
-   -   Time for a little Vacation.... (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/chit-chat-off-topic/1945-time-little-vacation.html)

WetWilly 12-13-2008 11:10 AM

Time for a little Vacation....

Well gang,

Looks like I'll be off the air for a couple of weeks due to a family reunion... We were hoping to see Australia together but due to economic reasons, it looks like we're headed to Taiwan instead.
(Sorry Dudders, was hopping stop by, say g'day and try to get a little room and board out of you... :D)

Should be fun anyway, it's kind of like one of those 8 countries in 8 days affair but it all happens on one big island. So we'll be a small mob (tour group) roaming all around Taiwan eating and shopping! Well, at least I get to visit Taipei 101, the current "tallest" building in the world at 1670' tall, that is until until the Burj Dubai at about 2,684' is completed around September of 2009 (even though the Burj Dubai is currently at around 2,400' tall, it's not considered the tallest until completed and occupied).

If I find a WiFi spot, or an internet connection, I'll try to log on just to see what's happening on the forum and add to this thread if there is anything really interesting to report...

So till I get back, have a safe and happy Holiday!
WetWilly

Z 202 12-13-2008 02:35 PM

I wish I was off to somewhere warm... :(

Sounds like your trip should be a lot of fun. I'd love to see either of those buildings. Which reminds me, I have to get my son up the CN Tower sometime soon. Space deck here we come!

I'm sure their are enough of us hanging around with nothing to do until the snow melts to look after things while you are gone. :D

Hope you have an excellent Holiday.

ShabahZ280 12-13-2008 07:08 PM

Enjoy your trip WetWilly! Sounds awesome! Be sure and snap some pics for us!:wink_thumbup:

mikeyt 12-13-2008 08:34 PM

Enjoy your trip WetWilly. It sounds like an excellent one! :wink_thumbup:

WetWilly 12-14-2008 11:01 PM

I think it'll be fun as long as we can keep the kids under control (how much Benedrill can you give a kid before they start to drool??), just kidding!!! :shakehead:

It's more of a heritage thing for the kids as both Mom's are from Taiwan so weather permitting, it should be a real blast!

Well, I'm getting ready to run to the airport so I'll sign off here... I should be back just before the New Year so I'll see you then!

WetWilly

dudders 12-18-2008 09:54 PM

Have a great trip WetWilly, if you can divert your trip to Perth, you are more than welcome to stay a while.
Reminds me............. must clean out the shed this weekend!!! :rolling_laugh:

WetWilly 12-29-2008 09:49 AM

Hi everyone, just got back in town and wanted to say hello....

Hope you all had a great Christmas and hopefully Santa brought you everything on your Mariah wishlist!

I'll be down loading the pictures from our trip later this week and if anyone is interested in how is was, I can do a little writeup as soon as we get over the jetlag and I nurse my wife and kid back to health too...

Later,
WetWilly

180diablo 12-29-2008 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WetWilly (Post 11531)

Hope you all had a great Christmas and hopefully Santa brought you everything on your Mariah wishlist!

I'll be down loading the pictures from our trip later this week and if anyone is interested in how is was, I can do a little writeup as soon as we get over the jetlag and I nurse my wife and kid back to health too...

Later,
WetWilly

Welcome back! :D

No boating stuff for me this year. But I did get some neat tools from the gf's parents !

I'll be lookin for the photos from the trip! :)

mikeyt 12-30-2008 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WetWilly (Post 11531)

Later,
WetWilly

Welcome back ! Hopefully all went well ?

ShabahZ280 12-30-2008 01:40 PM

Welcome back WetWilly! The forum has been a ghost town without you around! :D