The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat/Off-Topic (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/chit-chat-off-topic/)
-   -   New Nissan Canada TV Commercial .. (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/chit-chat-off-topic/1724-new-nissan-canada-tv-commercial.html)

180diablo 09-18-2008 04:05 PM

New Nissan Canada TV Commercial ..

7 Attachment(s)
So last night I caught word of a new Nissan King Cab pickup truck TV commercial being filmed in the local area. So me, being .. well... me, went down to investigate.

Now I was originally planning to bike around the area for an hour and momentarily check out the commercial. That never happened and I ending up watching what was going on for a good half hour until it was cold.

About a half hour or so later, I went back armed with my camera and attempted some night shots. Now, because of the distance from the road to where they were filming, I didn't bother to use a flash. Plus I didn't want to attract too much attention to myself... LOL.

Anyways... if you see a new Nissan commercial with a silver king cab truck running though a field and possibly pulling something, thats it.

The first photo in the attachments below. I tried to show the amount of light coming from the lights at the end of my street. The third photo is my best one of the set, because they had the most amount of light at that point. Look closely in the next bunch for the silver/grey pickup. That is the one that was being used.

:D

ShabahZ280 09-19-2008 01:14 PM

That's pretty cool, especially right down the street from your place! And man, that's a pretty serious production crew. How long were they there? If you see the finished product, post it up here!

I remember about 15 years ago they filmed a few movies around our neck of the woods. There was this horrible rollerblade movie they filmed called "Airborne", then there were scenes shot here for "Milk Money", "Rain Man", "Traffic", and Gotham City in the second Batman movie is modeled after Cincinnati, because our city's film commission denied them permission to film it here (it would portray cincy in a negative way). There's been some music videos, and commercials shot here too. Not sure if you canadians have VH1 up there, but the top 20 video countdown last weekend was shot here too. :)

180diablo 09-23-2008 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShabahZ250 (Post 10349)
That's pretty cool, especially right down the street from your place! And man, that's a pretty serious production crew. How long were they there? If you see the finished product, post it up here!

Hmm and due to the lack of light, you cant see the rest of the crew. There was a lot more trucks (mostly personal vehicles) parked in the field to the right of where I was snapping. There were some rental vans moving stuff around etc.

They started around 6pm and went all night and finished by morning.

If it happens to popup (say on youtube and I remember to post it here) ... sure !