The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Boating 101 (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/boating-101/)
-   -   New Stereo Sony, Alpine, etc... (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/boating-101/5142-new-stereo-sony-alpine-etc.html)

DougR 01-29-2011 07:01 PM

New Stereo Sony, Alpine, etc...

Well, I'm looking forward to spring and decided our old radio/head unit needs to go bye-bye..

Question is, I'm looking for addvice on what stereo would be best. Looking at either the Alpine Cda-9886m or the Sony 60ui, if you have any other sugestions please feel free to chime in.. :wink_thumbup:
I am not looking for cheap, I really want performance and hence leaning to the Alpine unit but thats why I'm posting....... Help....

Thanks Doug...

Oregondunes 01-30-2011 01:12 AM

Re: New Stereo Sony, Alpine, etc...

check out the specs on this unit FUSION Electronics ? Car and Marine Audio

i have a brand new ip500 in a box id sell for $350 shipped to the lower 48. I put one in the cockpit and was going to use this one in the mid cuddy, but have instead put a kenwood CD/DVD unit to drive the 4 Polk 6.5"s and a 10' sub.

The really cool thing about this deck is the iPod seals inside the unit and has the highest water proof and dust proof standards in the industry. In addition, you completely control every pair of up to 4 sets of speakers with crossover and volume. Each channel has it's own sub output as well.

This was very helpful in our z302, as I have a pair (ch 1) up on the bow, 3 pairs of (ch's 2 & 3) controlling the cockpit, each channel in the rear runs to a separate channel on the amp to run the 2-12" kicker subs and the 4th channel runs a pair of JL audio 6.5's mounted under the rear deck grab handles.

I can turn the volume just the bow where the kids sit mostly, but yet lower volumes in the main cabin where the adults sit, then crank up the rear facing speaks for the kids tubing or wake surfing.

DougR 02-02-2011 02:06 AM

Thanks for the offer.
However, the other half still wants the option to use her CDs.
-Doug....

Oregondunes 02-02-2011 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougR (Post 27301)
Thanks for the offer.
However, the other half still wants the option to use her CDs.
-Doug....

Old Skool

DougR 02-04-2011 12:16 AM

Lol... how true but if she's happy well worth it!!!!!!!!!

Reed Hatch 02-05-2011 09:09 PM

I bought the CDX-M60UI Sony to install in my Z252. Not in yet but all of the reviews I read loved it. Has a usb hook up and an front plug up. Not a bad price for a good player

DougR 02-09-2011 10:42 PM

I lucked out (I hope lol) and picked up a Alpine 9886m for just a little over 200 so hopefully it lives up to my previous experiences... Turnes out my Girlfriends parents have a Sony 60ui with Kicker spearkers and sounds great, you'll be fine...!!!!

Was a tough choice a lot of great options from Sony, Fussion, Alpine etc... :)

edward cossey 02-20-2011 01:00 PM

hi guys
i bought a Jensen MSR3007 SIR radio for my boat. the Cd and ipod work great, but the fm reception is useless, i have tried different antenas even a splitter off the VHF antena but its still crap, i enquired about having it repaired and was quoted $100 bucks just to find the problem, so i think i wiil probably buy a new one, when i bought it i also bought the wired remote control and fixed that to the passenger side dash, so i recon if i change the make of radio if the remote does not fit or work with a different make ill have a nice hole in the passenger dash, by the way does any one know of a splash cover for the radio where the radio fits does not leave any space for a cover to fit.

ed cossey