Want to get rid of the ads? Become a member by registering today.
The Mariah Owners Club

Forum Left Top

Welcome to the The Mariah Owners Club.

1995 barchetta

Projects

Old 02-24-2010, 12:53 AM   #1

95 riverboat is currently offline
My Year: 1995
My Model: barchetta
My Engine: v6 bravo 1
Gallery Images: 0

Send 95 riverboat:
a Private Message

Default 1995 barchetta

Hi everyone . just a heads up...i have 3 projects in motion on my 95 barchetta, and i will be posting before and after pics within the week....the before ones of course.

project one is rejuvenating my interior. although there are no cracks or stitch rips in the boat it is 15 years old and has fading and that grime that is difficult to remove.<thank you to whoever posted about the magic eraser. this sponge is great but still takes some serious elbow grease>.
if anyone know of anyother methods to shine old into new please let me know.

project 2 is stereo upgrades<my favorite>. in this project im going to be installing 4 6x9`s. one 12 inch subwoofer, and one 10 inch subwoofer. 2 amps. one is 2400 watts total or 1200 per 2 channels. and another amp for the 6x9`s. and a new head unit.

last but certainly not least is the colorsand and buff.

i research this site daily and love the amount of input it provides, but if anyone can shoot me links to threads on any of the aforementioned projects feel free to do so.

and one thing in particular id like to know is what are good places to mount the amps OTHER than the engine hatch cover.

also id love if someone could tell me how to remove and replace courtesy light covers without damaging them. thanks all

Last edited by 95 riverboat; 02-24-2010 at 01:12 AM.
  • Old 02-25-2010, 10:03 AM   #2

WetWilly is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    My Year: 1996
    My Model: Z240 Talari
    My Engine: 7.4L Bravo III
    Gallery Images: 25

Send WetWilly:
    a Private Message

Default Re: 1995 barchetta

Hi 95 riverboat, that's quite a project list you've got there and with Project #2, you might want to add project #4, a Dual Battery setup if you don't have one already... (those amps can suck a battery dry real quickly)

As for the courtesy lights, take a small flat blade screwdriver and insert it into the slot shown in the picture and carefully pop the lenses off then you'll find the two screws holding the housing in place.

BTW, we've sourced a couple of suppliers for these lights if you need to replace any or just want to change the color. Here's a link to the original thread - Click here.

Good luck,
    WetWilly
    Old 07-01-2019, 06:16 PM   #3

Itwrx is currently offline
    My Year: 1994
    My Model: Barchetta 182
    My Engine: 4.3 v6 Alpha 1 Gen II
    Gallery Images: 0

Send Itwrx:
    a Private Message

Default Re: 1995 barchetta

Where did you install your subs?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by 95 riverboat View Post
    Hi everyone . just a heads up...i have 3 projects in motion on my 95 barchetta, and i will be posting before and after pics within the week....the before ones of course.

project one is rejuvenating my interior. although there are no cracks or stitch rips in the boat it is 15 years old and has fading and that grime that is difficult to remove.<thank you to whoever posted about the magic eraser. this sponge is great but still takes some serious elbow grease>.
    if anyone know of anyother methods to shine old into new please let me know.

project 2 is stereo upgrades<my favorite>. in this project im going to be installing 4 6x9`s. one 12 inch subwoofer, and one 10 inch subwoofer. 2 amps. one is 2400 watts total or 1200 per 2 channels. and another amp for the 6x9`s. and a new head unit.

last but certainly not least is the colorsand and buff.

i research this site daily and love the amount of input it provides, but if anyone can shoot me links to threads on any of the aforementioned projects feel free to do so.

and one thing in particular id like to know is what are good places to mount the amps OTHER than the engine hatch cover.

also id love if someone could tell me how to remove and replace courtesy light covers without damaging them. thanks all