Want to get rid of the ads? Become a member by registering today.
The Mariah Owners Club

Forum Left Top

Welcome to the The Mariah Owners Club.

New member here....looking at buying a 1998 Shabah 212 need advice on price

Original Mariah Talk

Old 03-01-2011, 04:56 AM   #1

Forrest is currently offline
Gallery Images: 0

Send Forrest:
a Private Message

Default New member here....looking at buying a 1998 Shabah 212 need advice on price

Great forum ya have here!

Looking for input as to appropriate value of the boat and trailer. As title says, 1998 212 Shabah with 550 hours. Boat is several hours away and have not seen it yet. 2 owner boat with the second owner having it for much of the time. Concerning to me is that the owner has stored it in the dry but under cover, not in a garage or indoor storage. Outdrive supposedly serviced regularly.

On the plus side, the gelcoat and interior are in good shape. Everything works.

I plug in the values of trailer and boat and come up with $1000 - $2000 below the NADA book value for retail purchase. This is obviously not a dealer. Cruising through craigslist and ebay I see prices are fairly high on most everything out there.

Given the history of the boat and condition, what would be a good price for me to buy the boat? What price should I walk away?

Any input is appreciated.

Cheers,
Forrest
  • Old 03-01-2011, 08:57 PM   #2

Dredd is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    My Year: 1993
    My Model: MX-19 - Sold
    My Engine: 4.3
    Gallery Images: 0

Send Dredd:
    a Private Message

Default Re: New member here....looking at buying a 1998 Shabah 212 need advice on price

There are some variables, like where it's at, if it's been in salt, I assume it has the 5.0... I would expect to see it listed somewhere in the $8500 neighborhood around here. Remember NADA is just what banks are willing to loan not necessarily fair market value.
    I think it's fairly common for a boat that size to have been stored outside quite a bit since it won't fit in a standard garage very easily. As long as it's been covered, waxed, and cared for it should be fine.
    Good luck on your decision.