Want to get rid of the ads? Become a member by registering today.
The Mariah Owners Club

Forum Left Top

Welcome to the The Mariah Owners Club.

I'm Back!!

Original Mariah Talk

Old 07-21-2021, 08:20 PM   #1

jeffreyb is currently offline
My Year: 1993
My Model: 1900Z
My Engine: 4.3LXI Alpha1 Gen2
Gallery Images: 0

Send jeffreyb:
a Private Message

Default I'm Back!!

I'M back and glad to be, missed you all I last visited in 2013 and really nice to see the site is still here looks to be going strong, i still have my 1993 1900Z just replaced the whole floor and spent 2 days polishing the gel coat and it turned out awesome, i have a re-newed love for my boat it sat in a pole barn and out of the water for almost 5yrs but she's looking good and running good
, a VERY proud owner of the best boats ever made looking forward to chating with you all.
GregT likes this.
  • Old 07-22-2021, 01:05 AM   #2

ColdFlame is currently offline
    My Year: 1992
    My Model: Shabah 212
    My Engine: 5.7L Mercruiser

Send ColdFlame:
    a Private Message

Default Re: I'm Back!!

Welcome back. I too have returned from a hiatus of not visiting the site.

I'm curious how you did your floor - mine is getting a bit soft in places and feels like the plywood has begun to delaminate under the carpet. Furthermore, the driver's seat has pulled out of the floor, and it looks like a previous owner has already moved it once judging by the holes.

I'd really like to rip out the floor in mine at some point, eliminating the carpet, and putting in something that's a bit easier to clean. Any details you can share would be appreciated!
    Old 07-22-2021, 02:27 AM   #3

mikeyt is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    My Year: 1996
    My Model: Shabah 180
    My Engine: 4.3
    Gallery Images: 14

Send mikeyt:
    a Private Message

I've noticed a few owners on the Facebook site have used Sea-Dek rather than carpeting and it does look nice and should be very easy to keep clean.

The captains seat is mounted thru the floor and into a 14" x 14" piece of aluminum. If the seat has been moved much from its original position, the screws likely missed the aluminum plate and just went into the wood. Sooner or later that will fail.

Treated marine plywood should work just fine for flooring but King Starboard might be an option also.
    Old 07-22-2021, 09:52 PM   #4

jeffreyb is currently offline
    My Year: 1993
    My Model: 1900Z
    My Engine: 4.3LXI Alpha1 Gen2

Send jeffreyb:
    a Private Message

i pulled all the flooring up from the back to just in front of the ski locker and the fiberglass floor going to the open bow what i found was amazement, at some point before i bought it in 2006 someone did some work on the port side all foam was gone between the stringers and I had a couple stringers that were bad so i researched it and was gonna do a huge makeover then i lost interest and there it sat for yrs. so i ended up fixing the stringers and glassing in those in and was gonna put marine plywood down but at almost 300 a sheet i changed my mind and went with a smooth/smooth maple i think at 56 a sheet, i used the old as a template and after i got it in I coated the top with resin then 2 layers of fiberglass matting. before the matting i cut my holes and filled the port side with new foam. i used the 2 pcs of wood/aluminum for the seats and got those back in the exact same spots a mounted the seats after i put new carpet down. all the screws and bolts before i put in i dipped in 3M 4200 sealant so they wont be backing out and overall it turned out nice and very solid. theres alot more I did before the carpet and applying the fiberglass matting as far as filling in the seams and filling in the outer edges with resin/chopped matt/silica, like a thick peanut butter consistenacy so its extremely water tight now defintly better than before. if you want more details i can send them trying to put pics on here when i figure it out ill post some.
    GregT likes this.
    Old 07-23-2021, 01:56 AM   #5

Find me on the Map

Send mikeyt:
    a Private Message

To post pics on this site, you need to hit Reply, then scroll down the screen to "Manage Attachments" and click on it. That will bring up a small screen that lets you choose what files you want to upload from your computer. Once done, hit 'Upload' and then scroll down & "Close this Window". Finally hit "Submit Reply" and you're done.

ps... there is a size limit (damned if i know what it is) and sometimes pics wont upload because they're too large.
    Old 08-01-2021, 09:33 AM   #6

porker is currently offline
    My Year: 1997
    My Model: 209 Talari
    My Engine: Volvo Penta 7.4L/SX

Send porker:
    a Private Message

After doing my floor, my plan was to put gel-coat down and then lay a snap down carpet that I could more easily clean or replace. But after doing the gel-coat, I gave it a shot without any carpet at all and I have actually been pretty happy with it. My concerns that it would be too slippery, hot, or uncomfortable, didn't really pan out, and I really like how easy it is to clean and dry out. I still might put the snap down carpet in one day, but I'm in no hurry.
    Old 08-01-2021, 02:36 PM   #7

Find me on the Map

Send mikeyt:
    a Private Message

Some owners on the Facebook group site have installed vinyl 'Sea-Dek' in place of the carpeting. I've no idea what it cost but the results sure look nice and its easy to keep clean.