Want to get rid of the ads? Become a member by registering today.
The Mariah Owners Club

Forum Left Top

Welcome to the The Mariah Owners Club.

New Mariah owner in Florida

Introductions

Old 05-02-2021, 09:28 PM   #1

Mariah Scarey is currently offline
My Year: 1994
My Model: Z200 Talari
My Engine: 5.7L Alpha I
Gallery Images: 0

Send Mariah Scarey:
a Private Message

Default New Mariah owner in Florida

Hey Everyone. Long time admirer of Mariah and now finally an owner. I picked up a 1994 Talari Z200. She came to me pretty mechanically sound but cosmetically she's a wreck (hence her name lol) Been slowly bringin her around to where we can use her until more permanent updates are made. She's got the 5.7 w/Captain's Call which is what what sold me. Looking forward to utilizing this awesome site!
  • Old 05-03-2021, 12:23 AM   #2

dustinnantais is currently offline
    My Year: 1997
    My Model: Z275 Shabah
    My Engine: 7.4L Merc Mag Bravo3

Send dustinnantais:
    a Private Message

Default Re: New Mariah owner in Florida

Welcome! And congrats. I too am a new owner - bought a '97 Z275 last week and doing some restoration work to it over the next month or so. We're getting all the gelcoat and fibreglass surfaces repaired, restored and polished first - and a bit of a tune up on the 7.4L + Bravo 3.

Definitely planning some cosmetic upgrades over the next couple years though. Reupolstery and a major stereo upgrade.

I'm finding lots of good stuff on here, but sometimes buried and often very out of date. Just keep digging though. It's fun to have something so rare and high quality and have to find niche information on it lol.
    Old 05-04-2021, 01:31 AM   #3

Mariah Scarey is currently offline
    My Year: 1994
    My Model: Z200 Talari
    My Engine: 5.7L Alpha I

Send Mariah Scarey:
    a Private Message

Thanks for the reply and tips for finding info. Sounds like both of us will have our hands full for quite some time!
    Old 05-06-2021, 05:02 AM   #4

George2021 is currently offline
    My Year: 2008
    My Model: RX181
    My Engine: 4.3L Mercruiser

Send George2021:
    a Private Message

Default Re: New Mariah owner from Sydney, Australia

Hi Everyone. Im excited as i have just purchased a 2008 Mariah RX181 Bowrider and will pick it up next week. It is it great condition both mechanically and body. Looking forward to utilizing this awesome site and meeting most of you online!!

Never heard of Mariah boats before untill i start looking at buying boats in the last few weeks. So have researched a little on this boat but dont know much about it. There doesnt seem to be much on about the RX181 model (plenty on SX18). I'm hoping some one can share some information the RX181 model. Also just want to know which model of the 2 boats (RX181 & SX18) is a better boat?

Once again, so happy to be part of the Mariah Online Community.

Kind Regards to all.
    Old 05-06-2021, 02:01 PM   #5

mikeyt is currently offline
    Find me on the Map
    My Year: 1996
    My Model: Shabah 180
    My Engine: 4.3
    Gallery Images: 14

Send mikeyt:
    a Private Message

Quote:
    Originally Posted by George2021 View Post
    Hi Everyone. Im excited as i have just purchased a 2008 Mariah RX181 Bowrider and will pick it up next week. It is it great condition both mechanically and body. Looking forward to utilizing this awesome site and meeting most of you online!!

Never heard of Mariah boats before untill i start looking at buying boats in the last few weeks. So have researched a little on this boat but dont know much about it. There doesnt seem to be much on about the RX181 model (plenty on SX18). I'm hoping some one can share some information the RX181 model. Also just want to know which model of the 2 boats (RX181 & SX18) is a better boat?

Once again, so happy to be part of the Mariah Online Community.

Kind Regards to all.
    First of all welcome to what is left of the Mariah forum. Second, you need to realize that the boat you bought was made by Sea-Fox and not by the original Mariah Boat Co. Sea-Fox bought the name when the original company went bankrupt in 2001 and began building their own versions in 2003. The Sea-Fox boats were built to a 'price-point' with the idea of selling as many as possible kind of along the lines of say a 'Bayliner'. Sea-Fox stopped making 'Mariah' boats in 2012 as the line wasn't successful. If they've been looked after by prior owners then you should be okay but i would still suggest reading this; Buying a Used Mariah?

As for which is the "better" boat (RX181 vs SX18), i doubt you will find enough owners to answer that question. The reality is that whichever boat suits your needs best is the 'better' boat.

EDIT: I did a little searching thru the Sea-Fox brochures. Seems that R18.9 was designed as a new boat for 2009 so if yours is a 2008 its either an SX-18 or it is a very early R18.9 that was sold in 2008. The R18.9 replaced the SX-18.

Last edited by mikeyt; 05-07-2021 at 03:14 AM.
    Old 05-06-2021, 05:20 PM   #6

SparX is currently offline
    My Year: 1995
    My Model: Z202 Shabah
    My Engine: 5.0LX AlphaOne

Send SparX:
    a Private Message

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mikeyt View Post
    First of all welcome to what is left of the Mariah forum. Second, you need to realize that the boat you bought was made by Sea-Fox and not by the original Mariah Boat Co. Sea-Fox bought the name when the original company went bankrupt in 2001 and began building their own versions in 2003. The Sea-Fox boats were built to a 'price-point' with the idea of selling as many as possible kind of along the lines of say a 'Bayliner'. Sea-Fox stopped making 'Mariah' boats in 2012 as the line wasn't successful. If they've been looked after by prior owners then you should be okay but i would still suggest reading this; Buying a Used Mariah?

As for which is the "better" boat (RX181 vs SX18), i doubt you will find enough owners to answer that question. The reality is that whichever boat suits your needs best is the 'better' boat.
    "What is left of the Mariah Forum? That doesn't sound too promising. I guess it is an older manufacturer and those are going to decrease in owner numbers over time.
    Old 05-06-2021, 05:26 PM   #7

Find me on the Map

Send mikeyt:
    a Private Message

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SparX View Post
    "What is left of the Mariah Forum? That doesn't sound too promising. I guess it is an older manufacturer and those are going to decrease in owner numbers over time.
    That's probably the biggest reason this forum has gotten quiet over the last 3-4 yrs. The site owners seem to have lost interest in maintaining or reviving it so its been left to a few of us to keep it alive and for the most part the site runs itself. I would always suggest that you download whatever documentation you might have a need for cuz only the owners know how much longer this site will remain live....
    Thank you mikeyt for this useful post!
    SparX (05-06-2021)
    Old 05-28-2021, 11:57 AM   #8

Djmoss79 is currently offline
    My Year: 1995
    My Model: 180 talari
    My Engine: 4.3 mercruiser

Send Djmoss79:
    a Private Message

I bought my 1995 mariah 180 talari last year. It's a perfect size for me and my family to spend the day on the lake. I traded a 23ft celebrity cuddy cabin even swap for it. The bow rider is much more practical for our use. Only problem is that the steering is easy to loose and I'm not sure what to look for in fixing it. It has a 4.3 mercruiser inboard/outboard. I can turn the outboard by hand in either direction about 6 inches without the wheel moving. Any suggestions on what to look at? Other than that issue its by far the best boat I've ever owned
    Old 05-28-2021, 03:06 PM   #9

Find me on the Map

Send mikeyt:
    a Private Message

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Djmoss79 View Post
    I bought my 1995 mariah 180 talari last year. It's a perfect size for me and my family to spend the day on the lake. I traded a 23ft celebrity cuddy cabin even swap for it. The bow rider is much more practical for our use. Only problem is that the steering is easy to loose and I'm not sure what to look for in fixing it. It has a 4.3 mercruiser inboard/outboard. I can turn the outboard by hand in either direction about 6 inches without the wheel moving. Any suggestions on what to look at? Other than that issue its by far the best boat I've ever owned

Still the best 'How To" boating site: How Do I ... ( The Original ) : MerCstuff.Com
    Thank you mikeyt for this useful post!
    Djmoss79 (05-29-2021)