Want to get rid of the ads? Become a member by registering today.
The Mariah Owners Club

Forum Left Top

Welcome to the The Mariah Owners Club.

Spring Tune up Paul Z

General Maintenance

Old 04-13-2008, 05:16 PM   #1

Paul Z is currently offline
Find me on the Map
Gallery Images: 0

Send Paul Z:
a Private Message

Default Spring Tune up Paul Z

I've learned a lot since I purchased my '95 Mariah Barchetta 182 four years ago. This was my first boat. It certainly does help if you have a little practical mechanical ability in you. Every year it seems some little issue pops up that needs taken care of. Hopefully nothing major or anything that requires lost time on the water or worse, loss of life or boat. Over the last few years, I've had to replace my starter solonoid, bilge pump, install a depth/fish finder, install a marine radio and spark plugs, changed the out drive oil, drained engine oil, changed filter, replaced fuel, moisture seperator filter. This year I am getting a new docking cover, will need a new battery, am going to replace the thermostat and thermostat housing cover. I may also purchase a new fuel pump to have handy.
Before I crank her over, I will check the gas tank, and fuel hose, engine coolant hoses, all the fluids etc. I will also pull the plugs to inspect and spray a bit of
foging oil into the cylinders to help lubricate after sitting all winter. After I start her up in my drive way, I let her run for fifteen minutes or so, watching for any leaks or problems. I give her a good look over each time I go out. Sorry to have rambled on. I'm sure all of my conscientious Mariah/Boater brothers and sisters go through the same. Paul Z