Want to get rid of the ads? Become a member by registering today.
The Mariah Owners Club

Forum Left Top

Welcome to the The Mariah Owners Club.

Alarm when key in accessory position

General Maintenance

Old 07-12-2013, 10:34 PM   #11

nglauer is currently offline
Find me on the Map
My Year: 2001
My Model: 180 Diablo
My Engine: 3.0L Alpha one
Gallery Images: 0

Send nglauer:
a Private Message

Default Re: Alarm when key in accessory position

My 2001 Diablo with the 3.0L operates like a car as well. Movement is clockwise as follows OFF-ACC-ON. I believe mine is all original, as the key has the correct cut/letter code. Also, mine came with the stock radio and unmodified wiring - it was setup to either turn on the radio via the accessory switch (no key) or ignition switch (with key). Again, my wiring was never cut or spliced. If it was modified someone took the time to run the wires inside the master loom. No other items ran on the accessory until I added my lowrance lst-3800. Also, mine has never beeped or let out any type of alarm noise since I purchased it. I'm not even sure where the noise maker is located.... unless it played through the original radio which I replaced before every taking it on the water.

Nick

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
-2007 GMC Canyon 4x4 Crew Cab
-2010 GMC Acadia SLT
-1993 Camaro "SCCA Project Car"
  • Old 07-16-2013, 03:16 PM   #12

kriswd40 is currently offline
    My Model: Diablo
    My Engine: 4.3 Mercury

Send kriswd40:
    a Private Message

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mikeyt View Post
    The alarm horn usually comes on as the system is energized just before you start the boat and it should go off once you have started it up. That is normal and if you have a 3 position switch (off-on-run) then it should trigger in the 'on' position. I'm a little surprised at your ignition not turning counter-clockwise (mine does) but possibly someone else here has a similar setup and can comment or as Andy suggested, someone may have already replaced the ignition cylinder. Do u still use an original Mariah key with the logo?
    The only keys I have appear to be copies of keys, so I don't really know if it's original or not. It definately only turns to the right (off, accessory / alarm, run).
    Old 07-16-2013, 03:18 PM   #13

kriswd40 is currently offline
    My Model: Diablo
    My Engine: 4.3 Mercury

Send kriswd40:
    a Private Message

Quote:
    Originally Posted by nglauer View Post
    My 2001 Diablo with the 3.0L operates like a car as well. Movement is clockwise as follows OFF-ACC-ON. I believe mine is all original, as the key has the correct cut/letter code. Also, mine came with the stock radio and unmodified wiring - it was setup to either turn on the radio via the accessory switch (no key) or ignition switch (with key). Again, my wiring was never cut or spliced. If it was modified someone took the time to run the wires inside the master loom. No other items ran on the accessory until I added my lowrance lst-3800. Also, mine has never beeped or let out any type of alarm noise since I purchased it. I'm not even sure where the noise maker is located.... unless it played through the original radio which I replaced before every taking it on the water.
    > it was setup to either turn on the radio via the accessory switch (no key)

Accessory switch? What / where is that?

Mine sounds like yours, except there is a loud alarm whenever in the ACC position.

I don't know what the original radio was, I replaced a tape deck with a CD player when I bought it but I was able to reuse the existing wiring. The tape deck had the same issues.