The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   General Maintenance (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/general-maintenance/)
-   -   front of cavitation plate broken off (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/general-maintenance/10105-front-cavitation-plate-broken-off.html)

dafucwuzat 05-03-2015 01:48 AM

front of cavitation plate broken off

97 bravo 3 -plate is broke pretty much flush with front of housing. didn't break into housing for a major problem but would like to fix it. reason its broke is trim limit blocks are shot. could i take it to a weld shop to repair? if so, is it cast aluminum? it also took the anode mount with it so that adds to the problem. whats the best solution for the trim limit after this is repaired also. thanks

Motoxxx43 05-06-2015 06:39 PM

Re: front of cavitation plate broken off

Have a photo? It may be fixable but then again you may require a new leg...

EricG 05-07-2015 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dafucwuzat (Post 56400)
97 bravo 3 -plate is broke pretty much flush with front of housing. didn't break into housing for a major problem but would like to fix it. reason its broke is trim limit blocks are shot. could i take it to a weld shop to repair? if so, is it cast aluminum? it also took the anode mount with it so that adds to the problem. whats the best solution for the trim limit after this is repaired also. thanks

I also have a 97 bravo3 on my z255 and it was almost completely broken last year. I had it welded and looks and works great. It cost me about $40 at a local welders shop.

dafucwuzat 05-07-2015 08:45 PM

Did you change your trim stop setup. I have seen there is something with rear trim cylinder pin you can do. Just wondering cause I'm going to do it right just don't know what that is. Thanks for replys

EricG 05-08-2015 01:17 AM

I didn't mess with anything. I assumed the previous owner hit something with it. I haven't had any issues with it.

bloyet03 08-16-2018 07:32 PM

I know this one is old but, I noticed this problem is EXACTLY what I'm dealing with right now. Anyone that has the trim limiter blocks still on their Bravo outdrives should contact their nearest marine dealer. There's a service bulletin from 99 that elmiinates these blocks and puts limiters inside the trim cylinders. That's what is currently being done on mine free of charge.

Hopefully that little bit of info stops someone from having this happen to them as my blocks decided they no longer wanted to stay still.

dafucwuzat 08-16-2018 08:18 PM

Did it brake the cavitation plate? If so, are they fixing drive also?

bloyet03 08-16-2018 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dafucwuzat (Post 65023)
Did it brake the cavitation plate? If so, are they fixing drive also?

Yes it broke my cavitation plate which i'm sure is why they had the service bulletin). No they're not fixing the cavitation plate. They wrote the service bulletin up as if there was a different problem. I'll try to post the bulletin up on here.

Does anyone have a good link to where to check on what bulletins there might be on your boat?