The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Watersports (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/watersports/)
-   -   Considering Wakeboard tower for a 98 Jubilee Z214 (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/watersports/6464-considering-wakeboard-tower-98-jubilee-z214.html)

98JubileeZ214 02-01-2012 04:24 AM

Considering Wakeboard tower for a 98 Jubilee Z214

Did some looking at previous threads and most of the wakeboard tower additions were focused on bowriders rather than deck boats so I wanted to throw this out....

I have a 98 Jubilee Z214 that I picked up a few months back and had my mechanic go over it from front to rear and top to bottom, finally got it back this weekend and got it out on Sunday (in AZ) and had a great (first of many) day. Best thing is that they were able to pull the actual hours on the motor since it is fuel injected and it is at 170 hours (original motor), previous ower said they did not use it much, he was not kidding....

I'm looking to add a wakeboard tower, there is a guy here in AZ that does custom aluminum work that I am talking to. I like custom as it will not be collapsible (not needed/wanted) and he will custom make it to match the lines of the boat. I have a dual bimini so the tower will have to cheat towards the back of the boat so it can be used with the bimini up and not have the rope hit the bimini. In addition, it will have to side mount as the rear bimini lays where the tower would "top" mount. He said out the door around $1500 which is a bit more than others I am seeing but this would be custom built on/for the boat and will take a bit of extra work so the price seems about right. I'll probably add in some speakers and racks.

Has anyone done any tower additions to a deck boat? If so, what are your thoughts and anything I should think about/consider?

Thanks,
Jason

drneffga 06-04-2012 01:47 PM

Re: Considering Wakeboard tower for a 98 Jubilee Z214

I am looking at doing a wakeboard tower on my Jubilee 244 as well. Let me know what you decide and please post pictures. I really want to know how the installer gets access to install the backing plates. The inner hull is fiber glass so I am afraid I'll have to cut an access hole to mount the backing plates.

Oregondunes 06-04-2012 02:09 PM

Wakeboard Towers, Boat Towers, Waketower Speakers Installation

98JubileeZ214 06-04-2012 04:16 PM

Thanks all, things are pretty hot here in AZ right now so if I do this, it will be in the winter. Also, I spent quite a bit getting the boat where I wanted it to be (money well spent) and I am still doing some "little things" so I am not looking to drop the $$ into the tower now. If/when I do go ahead and do it, I will have guy take pics and I can post or email them if anyone wants.

Oregondunes 06-04-2012 04:45 PM

T6 technologies has been coming out with some nice looking towers lately.

drneffga 04-17-2020 12:42 PM

Has anyone installed a wakeboard tower on a Mariah Jubilee? I don't see how to get access to install the backing plates? My Jubilee is a 2000 244.

drneffga 04-24-2020 09:30 PM

If you can get one installed for $1,500 JUMP ON IT! I just installed a Monster MTK tower on my Jubilee 244. I have not used it yet but it looks great. Getting access to install the backing and bolts is the biggest challenge and if I knew what I was getting into I would have had someone else do it.

knkhart 04-25-2020 02:13 AM

DRNEFFGA, I'd love to see a picture of that Monster Tower on you Jubilee if you had one available. I've looked at that same tower for my 214.

drneffga 04-26-2020 01:30 PM

Here are some pics. I have not installed the bimini or racks.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/153170.../shares/m36av6

knkhart 05-06-2020 12:18 PM

Looks Great! Thanks for posting.