The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Watersports (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/watersports/)
-   -   Wakeboard Tower (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/watersports/237-wakeboard-tower.html)

mikeyt 09-03-2007 02:39 AM

Great pics.....nice boat! :)

97 Z222 10-21-2007 12:16 AM

Hello everyone, I have been looking for member photo's of wake board towers and so far I can only see Mariah Man and Border 1010. Do any other Mariah owners have towers? I really want to get one for next season, as the wake boards are always in the way, breaking toes, and pounding the crap out of the interior. If anyone else has photo's of towers, could you post them here.

Mariah man, do you have a picture of your tower with the built in bimini top open? I think that is a great feature. Being in the heat all day can be hard on the driver.

MariahMan 10-21-2007 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 97 Z222 (Post 2148)

Mariah man, do you have a picture of your tower with the built in bimini top open? I think that is a great feature. Being in the heat all day can be hard on the driver.

I'll take a look for you. Most likely if you don't see one in my uploaded images, chances are i don't have one. I still have yet to go through the majority of pictures from this year so who knows, i may find a shot somewhere. If i find any i'll upload and let you know.

97 Z222 10-21-2007 12:31 AM

Do you use the bimini top, or does it stay rolled up? My boat only came with the convertable top, which is good if you get caught in the rain, but doesn't work well as a bimini top.

MariahMan 10-21-2007 12:36 AM

Our boat came with the convertible top that has the snap to attach to the windshield. We used it as a bimini for a season but got the Samson bimini installed the next. During trailering or whenever we're not using it, the bimini stays rolled up in a cover and on the tower. Otherwise, it comes out of the cover, folds out, and clips onto the tower. We do use it a lot. If we are out on the lake for the day we do but if its just like an evening wakeboarding session, then usually not. We also roll it up when we put the boat on the buoy in the evening. It can get pretty windy on lake chelan, where it stays most the time.

It is really nice having a shady area on the boat. It's amazing how much the sun will take out of you if you spend 8 hours straight in it.

97 Z222 10-21-2007 12:50 AM

Is Samson Towers in WA. I really like the way they follow the lines of the boat. They make a sharp looking tower. I'm just north of the border, so a trip to WA would be quite easy.

97 Z222 10-21-2007 01:13 AM

When you had the tower installed how did they do the anchor points? Was there backing put in? How long did you have to wait, once you ordered it?

MariahMan 10-21-2007 06:20 PM

Samson Sports is in Eastern Washington. Contact Scott Parnell, i believe that's his last name, and let him know Ryan Trickett with the blue Mariah sent you. I've talked to him several times at the Seattle Boat Show. He may or may not remember me, but i think we have one of the only Mariah's with a Samson tower.

As far as anchors, the tower is attached at 4 points with thru hull stantions i guess you could call them. They have large 6" backing plates to help distribute the load on the hull. I may have some pictures from inside the hull of the mounts. I'll look for those as well. The tower bolts to the stantions and allows complete removal of the entire tower if need be, only leaving behind the mounting points.

We ordered the tower originally through the dealer we bought our boat. They took the measurements and Samson built the tower to those specs. I believe it took about 1-2 weeks after measurements were sent to Samson to get the tower delivered. Installation was about a day i believe. For the bimini, one of Samson's installers came out and put it on because every install is custom.

I'll see if i can find the bimini shots and mounting pictures for you.

schweddy 10-21-2007 09:59 PM

Samson Sports is actually in Southern Washington, right by the Oregon border near Vancouver, Wa.

97 Z222 10-22-2007 12:02 AM

I've been looking online at some of the big name wakeboard tower manufactures, and I have seen a few towers on Mariah's.I have come to the conclusion that an
out of the box tower does not look good on a Mariah. The nicest one I've seen so far is Mariah Man's Samson. If anyone else has a tower, it would be great to see it.