The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Trips, Travels, and Meet Ups (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/trips-travels-meet-ups/)
-   -   Where are you going to be over Labor Day? (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/trips-travels-meet-ups/273-where-you-going-over-labor-day.html)

Straad 08-29-2007 03:50 PM

Where are you going to be over Labor Day?

maybe some of us are on the same lake and dont even know it

Were going to be camping on Bruin lake near Ann Arbor, Michigan
there is a chain of 5 lakes and you can park your boat at the beach instead of launching every day

ShabahZ280 08-29-2007 03:53 PM

Ohio River, for the big fireworks show Sunday night. I'll be sure and take pics for everybody. It's the biggest boating event of the year.

indykoch 08-29-2007 05:25 PM

Geist Reservoir (NE Indianapolis) for me. We're getting a bunch of friends/boats together and rocking out on Saturday. Then going to a buddies house that night. I'm sure we'll be back out on the water each day, but Saturday is the big day without the Warden and other inmates (wife and kids)!! I'll probably bring the kids out Sunday while the wife goes on her all day shopping trip, then do the whole family thing on Monday.

aquaknot 08-29-2007 08:43 PM

I'll be cruisin the Trent Severn from Cameron Lake thru Balsam lake to Bolsover. Looking forward the the Kirkfield lift locks.
Hey Straad, I'll being travelling to Ann Arbor via motor home for some taigating at a BIG BLUE game somtime this fall!

boatman 08-29-2007 09:05 PM

I'll be on the Ohio River near Pittsburgh tubing and skiing. I do not know of any Fireworks in the area. Supposed to be nice weather.

moondance100 08-30-2007 01:32 AM

Lake Shelbyville IL...I have a slip there and it's about 5 minutes from my house...lots of friends there....hard to beat!!

rjobe 08-30-2007 11:56 PM

On Indian Lake in Ohio... plan to take some pictures of my Shabah to share:rolleyes:

KSP181 08-31-2007 01:55 AM

I'll be at Lake Cumberland. It should be a great weekend. We are taking the sister-in-law and family. The sister-in -law is very very hot:D. I'll be the Mariah with the two hot women on the bow, my wife and her sister. It doesn't get any better than this, oh did I mention my wife has 4 hot siters:eek:

Straad 08-31-2007 03:50 AM

take lots of pics Vic

..er uh of your boat too

damn lot of midwesterners on this board

mikeyt 08-31-2007 11:52 AM

yeah Vic....those pics need to be in maximum definition too! :)

and if they're really good i'll give you my private email address :D:D

ShabahZ280 08-31-2007 12:08 PM

maybe we should create a directory "mariah babes" in the gallery for such pictures? :cool:

MariahMan 08-31-2007 04:40 PM

If that'll give Vic an excuse to take the pictures then hell yeah we'll make that section. :D

mikeyt 09-01-2007 01:23 AM

okay Vic!! Were counting on you buddy!! (drool)

mikeyt 09-01-2007 01:28 AM

As for the "LABOUR" (correct spelling btw :D) day weekend...i'm not gonna do any work at all. Maybe a day trip down to Lake Ontario and a cruise along the shoreline from Hamilton to Oakville and maybe a second day trip down to Long Point Bay on Lake Erie. I hate fighting the Labour day weekend traffic. It turns a 4 1/2 hr normal trip to the cottage into a 5 1/2 - 6 hr trip and the return on Monday can be even worse. :(

rjobe 09-03-2007 03:41 PM

Sundeck Photo

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a shot of my sundeck from Labour:D day weekend...;)

mikeyt 09-03-2007 08:29 PM

nice sundeck!! ;)

180diablo 09-04-2007 12:37 PM

Well im back safe! Didn't check this trip plan forum before I headed out for the weekend .. lol.

Soo the weekend went well. Ended up with 3 days of boating on Sparrow. Saturday I took the friends for their first ever lock through on Lock #43 (the biggest lock on system) and on the return trip we had 10 boats in the chamber as well as an O.P.P boat. Was a fun time and weren't checked out to make sure we didnt have alky-hol on board.

Sunday we spent a few hours anchoring off in Deep Bay (north end of Sparrow Lake for anyone that may know the area). Then went to Port Stanton for some Kawartha Dairy ice cream .. mmmmmmmm.

Monday I took everyone down to Lock #42 (south end of Sparrow) and because of the back log of cruisers, we werent able to tie up at the bottom of the lock to check it out. So we just headed back to the cottage.

Great weekend in all, they had a blast on the boat. Plus getting drunk by the fire each night.. lol. Drunken neighbours trying to look for the "big dicker" (big dipper) was funny also.

Fuel costs for the weekend was only 37L worth, or basically about $40. Filled the boat up before heading out Saturday and it lasted the weekend. We should still have fuel for next weekend use.

Straad 09-04-2007 01:31 PM

we put in Saturday morning on bruin lake (near Ann Arbor Michigan) and camped right on the lake with some friends.
spent sat, sun, mon, boating the 6 lake chain
and spending time at the camp fire just like 180diablo each night
caught enough fish to taste but i would be one skinny survivalist
swam hung out on the sand bar, cruised the channels, kids tubed, great fun

mikeyt 09-04-2007 03:42 PM

We only made it down to Long Point Bay on Lake Erie. There's a spot on the bay side about half way out to the point called "Pottohawk Point" where everyone hangs out. There was probably 400-500 boats out there on Sunday. The watercops tend to leave people alone out there so the drink flows freely. I just made sure i was outta there before the idiots started to leave. Other than that it was a great afternoon out in the sun & on the water.

indykoch 09-04-2007 04:05 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I made it out with the buddies on Saturday. Too hung over for Sunday, so I stuck around the house and entertained my daughters the best I could for feeling the way I did. Then we took some friends out yesterday. I found a few pictures on my camera phone (no, I don't remember taking them... yes, alcohol was the culprit). Enjoy...

ShabahZ280 09-04-2007 04:12 PM

I went out saturday night for the Rush concert at Riverbend, was a great night, anchor held, weather was perfect. However I sacrificed the key to my Audi to the river gods. Thank god I had a spare at home.

Sunday night, we took the boat out for the WEBN fireworks. It was a great time. I'll have a thread with pics later today!

randy & ryan, nice pics!! :D

KSP181 09-06-2007 01:39 AM

I feel real bad guys. I posted about my trip, then went to the Lake. Had a blast:D. When I got back, I read all the request for pics. I have tons of the kids and some fun but no good pics of the hot chicks. Again, I'm sorry.

I'll try to get some pics of the poker run at Lake Cumberland this weekend. It should provide plenty of eye candy.

mikeyt 09-06-2007 03:01 AM

After all that build-up too :(

ShabahZ280 09-06-2007 11:59 AM

trust me, poker runs always make for good scenery. too bad they're usually hanging out with balding sunburnt guys on loud speedboats. :D

rjobe 09-06-2007 02:40 PM

I think you just described me:rolleyes:... but I have only 1 chick, my wifey:)