The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Trailering and Tow Vehicles (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/trailering-tow-vehicles/)
-   -   21' Shabah total length w/trailer...? (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/trailering-tow-vehicles/1952-21-shabah-total-length-w-trailer.html)

jerrydeluca 12-18-2008 12:26 PM

21' Shabah total length w/trailer...?

Hello fellow Mariah owners. My first first year was very enjoyable. Learned to float safely. Boating was a huge hit with the family...

Of course the boat is away for the season (Balsam Lake, ON) sad....only a few weeks before it gets dropped back into water...Yeah!

I'm building a garage on my property and one of the objectives is to build enough garage length so I can store the boat on my property instead of the local marina.

Any ideas on total length of a 21' Shabah stored on an appropriate trailer....

Total length in feet....?

Incidentally I'm looking for a trailer.

Thanks in advance. Jerry

indykoch 12-18-2008 01:18 PM

Jerry,

Congrats on your first year! Glad to hear it was a great one.

I don't have my boat handy to give anything accurate, but I'll take a guess at it. My Z212 is 20'-10", the lower unit adds about 2', and the trailer tongue is about 2-1/2' beyond the bow. So I'm guessing about 25-1/2' to 26' total.

I'd suggest making the garage about 35' long ;). Never know when you'll want to upgrade!! :rolling_laugh:

ShabahZ280 12-18-2008 01:30 PM

Congrats on your first year Jerry! When I figure full length of the boat and trailer, I usually add around 6ft to the length of the boat. I'd say if you're building a garage, go for a length of about 30ft, just to be on the safe side. That'll give you some extra play room. It can also double as a 2-car Tandem Garage when the boat's out! Keep us updated on the progress, I'd like to build one too! :wink_thumbup:

300sflyer 12-23-2008 12:27 PM

I can fit my Talari 210 in a 24' garage, [by just 3":eek_animated:] but I have to remove the outdrive and put it on a slight angle in order to get it in.

If you have the room, go for at least 30' long. You never know when you will catch a serious case of "footitise". :yes_grin:

mikeyt 12-23-2008 04:58 PM

Dont bugger about Jerry. Go for 60ft just in case you wanna buy two Mariahs. :yes_grin:

95 z200 01-10-2009 12:06 AM

my 20' talari on the trailer with the outdrive trimmed up fits in my 26' garage by about 6 inches

Captain Steve 01-20-2009 01:46 AM

My Z210 sits on her original Chariot tandem trailer. With the trailer the overall length of my rig is 24' 2" with the out drive trimmed down. I just built my garage 26' deep and park it straight in. This rig also fits into a 23' deep garage by backing her in on an angle. This takes both parking bays, however. I recommend a minimum garage depth (length from front to back) at least 25 feet. if you are getting a trailer with a fixed tongue.

An alternative nobody seems to have mentioned is a trailer with a swing-away tongue. Such a trailer might considerably reduce the overall length of the rig and allow you to store other stuff. Such a trailer might reduce the rig's length to 22' or so.

Best of luck,