The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Trailering and Tow Vehicles (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/trailering-tow-vehicles/)
-   -   Recall Letter (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/trailering-tow-vehicles/1138-recall-letter.html)

peppe 05-19-2008 04:28 PM

Recall Letter

Hi all,

Very new here. I just bought and 1995 Barchetta 182 and will be bringing it to Canada from the U.S. I apparently need a recall letter from the manufacturer when I cross the boarder. Oh yeah, did I mention, the trailer if a Chariot which I believe was mfg by Mariah for Mariah. Anyway, who can I contact for this letter now? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ShabahZ280 05-19-2008 06:30 PM

Chariot trailers were made by Mariah specifically for Mariah Boats. They ceased production around 1998. However I believe Prestige Trailers took over the remaining inventory and blueprints, and still continue to make their trailers with Chariot's original designs. You might try contacting them and see if they can help.

What kind of letter do they need specifically? I've never heard of a recall letter for a boat trailer. :confused:

peppe 05-19-2008 06:50 PM

Let me first start off by saying thanks for the super fast response and that this is a great forum.

As for the recall letter, in researching what is involved with importing a U.S. boat into Canada, I have been reading again and again that you need a letter on company letterhead stating that the trailer is free of any recalls. If thereanybody has any other insight with respect to this letter please advise. I will contact the mfg you provided to see if they can help.

mikeyt 05-19-2008 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peppe (Post 6827)
Let me first start off by saying thanks for the super fast response and that this is a great forum.

As for the recall letter, in researching what is involved with importing a U.S. boat into Canada, I have been reading again and again that you need a letter on company letterhead stating that the trailer is free of any recalls. If thereanybody has any other insight with respect to this letter please advise. I will contact the mfg you provided to see if they can help.

You have it correct. It's similar to importing a car or a boat into Canada. And i believe ShabahZ250 is right about Prestige. They should be able to provide you with the letter you need.

peppe 05-19-2008 09:08 PM

Guys,

Just got off the phone with Prestige and they can't help. Any ideas as to what my next move should be???

Any help would be apprciated

mikeyt 05-19-2008 09:19 PM

I would likely contact Canada Customs & explain the situation. Ask them what they would need since Chariot has been out of business for about 8-9 yrs now & see what they can suggest.

peppe 05-19-2008 10:21 PM

That's what I thought. Now i get the pleasure of dealing with the Beaurocracy at Canada Customs....great.

Anyway, from what I have been reading, the Barchetta is worth the hassle.

Thanks again boys......I'll keep you posted.

Z 202 05-20-2008 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peppe (Post 6845)
Anyway, from what I have been reading, the Barchetta is worth the hassle.

Thanks again boys......I'll keep you posted.

When a Mariah is involved, it's definately worth the hassle of dealing with our government.

These boats are the jewels of the marina. :wink_thumbup:

aquaknot 05-22-2008 07:38 PM

when I trailered my z222 up from the states I had to buy a trailer built in Canada. Was unable to use the prestige trailer that came with the boat. I was told that US made trailers are not made to the same Canada transport specs. Rent or buy a trailer and go get it!!! Were are you located, you can borrow mine. I'm just NE of Toronto.

peppe 05-24-2008 09:01 AM

Hey guys,

Just thought I would drop a line to let everybody know that the Mahiah and I are home. I would advise anybody to buy a boat in the US. Crossing was simple.

Just make sure you have following.

1) Invoice for boat
2) Invoice for Trailer
3) Trailer has compliance lable
4) Title for trailer
5) Title for boat
6) Bring a copy of the ad for the boat
7) Bring and correspondence you may have had with the seller.
8) MOST IMPORTANT.....NO FUNNY BUSINESS.

Got through in about 25 min with the Barchetta. Saved a bundle