The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Trailering and Tow Vehicles (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/trailering-tow-vehicles/)
-   -   New bunks with caliber marine slides and no carpet (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/trailering-tow-vehicles/10850-new-bunks-caliber-marine-slides-no-carpet.html)

dafucwuzat 06-11-2016 03:57 PM

New bunks with caliber marine slides and no carpet

1 Attachment(s)
Replacing bunks in the morning. Just finished 3rd coat of "super deck" from sherwin Williams. It's a stain rather than paint. We'll see how it works. Color matched with boat carpet remnant. Slides will be white. Will post final pics tomorrow. Just wanted to put it out there so people can check with me a couple years from now to ask how it held up if they want.

dafucwuzat 06-17-2016 03:10 PM

Re: New bunks with caliber marine slides and no carpet

Forgot to get a close up before I jumped in boat but you get the idea.

dafucwuzat 06-17-2016 03:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Pic #1

dafucwuzat 06-17-2016 03:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And #2

Unknownmariah 06-29-2016 11:05 PM

Won't the lack of carpet scratch the hull?

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Firestone 06-30-2016 05:00 AM

Looks great. What is the white on top?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

dafucwuzat 07-01-2016 03:17 PM

The white on top is the caliber marine bunk slides. They screw to boards. Screws are inset so they won't touch hull. As far as scratching, this is what they're made for. I even called first to make sure they're ok for fiberglass boats

Firestone 07-01-2016 03:26 PM

The project came out great. Are you happy with the slides performance verse standard carpet?

Firestone - 2000 Mariah Z202 5.7L MAG Alpha I Gen II

dafucwuzat 07-02-2016 11:22 AM

Didn't notice much difference really. Your also supposed to have bottom polished which mine definitely is not. Getting ready to start buffing whole boat in couple weeks actually. They also have a spray you can put on slides every so often. Overall, yes I like them. They have a warning on box not to unhook boat from trailer til it's IN water. I don't unhook dry anyway but some do. I actually know a guy that dropped his sea ray on ramp last year with carpet bunks. My big thing is they won't hold sand to scratch boat like carpet. I could have back filled neighbors pond with the sand that just fell out of old bunks. Also don't hold water for rot.

Firestone 07-02-2016 01:44 PM

They look nice and per thier Web site they look super easy to install. Any reason you went with the top Mount verse the wraps?

Firestone - 2000 Mariah Z202 5.7L MAG Alpha I Gen II