The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Sea Fox - Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/sea-fox-mariah-talk/)
-   -   Wiring Diagram (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/sea-fox-mariah-talk/814-wiring-diagram.html)

bakdraft 03-04-2008 03:24 PM

Wiring Diagram

Hi,

Just like Nickc, I am looking for a wiring Diagram. I am about to wire in a VHF into my new SX18 - arrived on Sunday - but need a wiring diagram.

Anyone got one they could email?

Thanks

P.S. About to post photos! :yes_grin:

il_Mio 03-04-2008 05:15 PM

DO post the pictures... lots of them

:yes_grin:

I am awaiting my new SX18, it is due beginning of April, a bunch of them will be shipped to the Netherlands where I can pick mine up at the dealer and drive 300kms home to Belgium. Can't wait to have it.

Very curious to see some pics from other angles / details than those from the brochure (which I know by heart already )

Cheers,

Johan

bakdraft 03-04-2008 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il_Mio (Post 4447)

I am awaiting my new SX18, it is due beginning of April, a bunch of them will be shipped to the Netherlands where I can pick mine up at the dealer and drive 300kms home to Belgium. Can't wait to have it.

Very curious to see some pics from other angles / details than those from the brochure (which I know by heart already )

Cheers,

Johan

Whatever angle you want I have it, i took over 100 photos of mine before it arrived!

I have video, new one with my VHF (Navman 7200) dashboard mounted, Garmin GPS 550s about to be fitted.

I will put some on the gallery, but other email me for.

I already have a fair amount of electronic manuals, and info on the annoying bilge pump!

:wink_thumbup:

il_Mio 03-29-2008 10:20 PM

Hi Dave,

what exactly is annoying regarding the bilge pump, does it need modification to perform better ? I certainly am interested in that info, you made me curious ;-) Thanks again for the pictures, at least I had something else to look at than just the brochures the last couple of days.

Friday I picked up the paperwork for the new trailer ( so that I can request a license plate, here in Belgium if a trailer is > 750kg it needs it own license plate). Coming friday I can pick up the actual trailer and let's hope by that time she (SX18) has arrived at the dealer as well...

Cheers,

Johan

bakdraft 03-29-2008 10:51 PM

The Bilge pump is automatic and cannot be turned off!:shakehead:

By this I mean, that it decides every 3 mins or so to turn itself on and runs for about 1.5 seconds, looking for water. If it does not find it, it turns itself back off. It repeats this non stop. This feature cannot be stopped, even after turning the main battery switch off.

I am sure the thinking behind it goes to where the boat is stored. If the boat is in a Marina, and you leave it there for a week or so, you might want to turn the battery off, but at the same time you want to be sure your boat is not going to fill up and sink.

On the other hand, my boat is stored in the garage, and there is no chance of it filling up and sinking !

So all that happens is the pump keeps running, slowly flattening the battery.....

OK at home I can hook up a battery charger... but during the summer, the boat is stored in a barn near the sea.... no power :punch_out:

So I have to find a way de-activate the pump when not in use - hence the need for a wiring diagram.

The wires to the pump I can just about see... but there are 3 wires...

So now you know

Dave

il_Mio 03-30-2008 08:26 AM

Thanks Dave, now I understand, that is indeed a pain...

3 wires ? I don't dare to think the other one is to make the motor of the pump turn in the other sense (filling the boat instead of pumping water out of it)... but that would be quite silly !

Kind regards,

Johan

dudders 03-30-2008 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il_Mio (Post 4447)

Cheers,

Johan

Check out the pics of my boat and XRst's as well in the Gallery, heaps of photos from various angles and all in use by owners.
I am sure you will love your new Mariah as much as we do.
And dont forget to post lots of pics from your beautiful part of the world.
Mayal had the same problem with his bilge pump, I will send him a PM and see what he has done about it.
Check out what he had to say under "General Chat - Introductions - New Mariah"
Sorry dont know how to put a link to that page for you.
Good Luck, if you manage to figure it out before hand, let us all know.
Tony

dudders 04-09-2008 05:20 PM

Mayals home computer is down, and he cant access this site from work - he asked to pass this on to you about your bilge pump.
He had the exact same thing happening to him, so he contacted the dealer, who said to him that the bilge pump will come on every couple of minutes looking for water, if it finds none it turns itself off. The dealer said it would take a year of doing this to drain the battery (obviously draws very few amps).
If you use your boat often enough (at least once a month) I cant see the battery draining personally, but over an extended period I would have to think that it certainly would have an effect on your starting the boat. I will be disconnecting my battery when winter comes anyway.
Hope this helps.
Cheers
Tony

bakdraft 04-09-2008 09:34 PM

Hi Tony,

Thanks for your help.

No mater what they think, the pump drains the battery quick. Think about it... when left running in its automatic mode, the pump runs for 6 hours every month... but this is not a constant 6 hours which uses less power, during this time the pump will have started and stopped 14,400 times!!! :eek_animated:

Eventually I have had a reply from Mariah. They kindly sent me a part harness diagram. ( I will post this in the manuals section) They also reccomended putting a switch in-line with the Bilge pump fuse.

I feel a project comming on, so look out for the post in the projects section.

Dave

dudders 04-10-2008 01:28 AM

Gotta wonder why they had this stupid feature in the first place :shakehead:
If your boat is moored constantly it may help, should be a option really.
I will email Mayal and pass your info on, so thanks and I will tell him about the wiring harness info - wouldnt mind getting my hands on it too.
Thanks
Tony