The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Sea Fox - Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/sea-fox-mariah-talk/)
-   -   Clarion Remote Control @ helm (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/sea-fox-mariah-talk/806-clarion-remote-control-helm.html)

il_Mio 03-02-2008 08:45 AM

Clarion Remote Control @ helm

Hi there,

In none of the sales folders I can see the radio remote control that can be installed as on option at the helm side on the new Mariah SX18's. Does anybody know if it is the one with a display or the one without display ? The radio on the 2008 SX18 is the Clarion marine M475 if I am not mistaken.

Kind regards,

Johan

bakdraft 03-04-2008 03:19 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by il_Mio (Post 4389)
Hi there,

In none of the sales folders I can see the radio remote control that can be installed as on option at the helm side on the new Mariah SX18's. Does anybody know if it is the one with a display or the one without display ? The radio on the 2008 SX18 is the Clarion marine M475 if I am not mistaken.

Kind regards,

Johan

Hi Johan,

For that radio - same as mine - There are two versions of remote location available. They are both round, one with a display (CMRC1-BSS) , one without (CMRC2-BSS).

There is also an infra red handheld remote but that is not much use as the head is mounted in a closed glove box - by the time you have opened it to point the control, you may as well push the buttons on the head!

The remote locations are not too bad in price - but I am not sure I need one.

For more info and a copy of the owners manual, google the part number.

Hope this helps

Dave

il_Mio 03-04-2008 04:26 PM

Which one does Mariah offer as an option ?

Thanks Bakdraft, I appreciate :)

Does anybody know which one of the 2 is offered by Mariah as an official option, because they do mention it on their upgrade list but not which one ?

Or.... I'll just have to be patience and await the delivery beginning of April... but boys & their toys, waiting is not always the best we can...
Cheers,

Johan

bakdraft 03-04-2008 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il_Mio (Post 4446)
Thanks Bakdraft, I appreciate :)

Does anybody know which one of the 2 is offered by Mariah as an official option, because they do mention it on their upgrade list but not which one ?

Johan

I am thinking that the remote you are thinking of is not the remote I have shown you :eek_animated:

The remote I think they are quoting is a simple switch on the dashboard that simply turns on and off the radio/player. I have this option. It works well as when it resumes, the cd continues to play from where it left off..... but it is not a true remote.

I would check to be sure....

Dave

dudders 03-06-2008 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bakdraft (Post 4455)
The remote I think they are quoting is a simple switch on the dashboard that simply turns on and off the radio/player. I have this option. It works well as when it resumes, the cd continues to play from where it left off..... but it is not a true remote.

I would check to be sure....

Dave

I too have this switch on the dash, but when I have looked at other dashboards from other years and models they all seem to have it. If my switch isnt turned on at the dash the radio wont work.
I have the Sirius ready Clarion - dont really need the Sirius one because we dont get Satellite radio in Oz. If any one needs a Sirius Clarion I would look at swapping for a good easy to use CD player the same size.

il_Mio 03-07-2008 01:44 PM

Remote @ helm

Thanks all for the feedback.

I didn't know there would be an on/off switch, that's why I ordered a wired clarion remote control from the options list (so must be one of the 2 Bakdraft mentionned). I'll keep you posted which one of the 2 pics above will be installed (on top of the on/off switch :) ).

Cheers,

Johan

il_Mio 07-26-2008 02:44 PM

In mean time I installed the Clarion Remote (with Display). This was an easy job, only downside is it needed a large hole cut in the dashboard. Hooked up the backlight on the RPM-gauge; so that if the lights are switched on this backlight is also switched on. At the same time I also installed the Clarion iPod adapter ( simplest project ever, as no power is required, just attach to radio and mount the box in a non visible area).

I will post a "How to" very soon, I made some pictures whilst installation.

Cheers,

Johan

bakdraft 07-27-2008 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il_Mio (Post 9179)
In mean time I installed the Clarion Remote (with Display). This was an easy job, only downside is it needed a large hole cut in the dashboard. Hooked up the backlight on the RPM-gauge; so that if the lights are switched on this backlight is also switched on. At the same time I also installed the Clarion iPod adapter ( simplest project ever, as no power is required, just attach to radio and mount the box in a non visible area).

I will post a "How to" very soon, I made some pictures whilst installation.

Cheers,

Johan

I like the idea of the remote, as going back and forth to the glove box just to adjust the volume is a a pain.

I would like to see the photos as I do not have much free space due to the VHF in the dash..

il_Mio 08-03-2008 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bakdraft (Post 9217)
I like the idea of the remote, as going back and forth to the glove box just to adjust the volume is a a pain.

I would like to see the photos as I do not have much free space due to the VHF in the dash..

Hi Bakdraft,

I made the How to available. You can see the size (it is actualy quite big) of the remote.

Cheers,

Johan