The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Sea Fox - Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/sea-fox-mariah-talk/)
-   -   embroidered seat emblems (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/sea-fox-mariah-talk/6988-embroidered-seat-emblems.html)

schevel 06-14-2012 11:55 PM

embroidered seat emblems

Looking for any proven techniques. All of the Mariah logo stitching on the seats of our 2006 sx21 are fading out.
The threads are still good and are barely pulled or frayed. Any body ever found away to add color back. I already need to pull the head rests off the bench seat and replace the rotting wood I discovered after reading another post, so why not make them look like new again.:confused:

klattu 06-16-2012 06:51 PM

Re: embroidered seat emblems

I've done simular with a Sharpie... but may only last a year.

schevel 06-17-2012 01:21 AM

Thanks, I thought about that as well. I was just wondering if there was any kind of dye or dye pens out there. I was watching my daughter tie dye a shirt the other day and that the got wheel spinning in my head.

AndyFL 06-19-2012 03:14 AM

You can also use a black fabric dye pen like a "FabricMate". You can find these painters pens at Walmart for about $3.00. Before painting, remember to apply some painter's tape around the emblems, and have a wet rag, (and a dry one), handy.

Take your time and do it slowly and they should come out great :wink_thumbup:

azbo 06-29-2012 04:09 AM

I'm a new member of the forum, I joined to see the manuals and just stumbled on this thread, my brother owns a custom embroidery company and has had clients as large as the US Olympic Team, his staff can convert/digitize an image such as the Mariah logo and embroider it onto pretty much anything, if there was enough interest in getting the logo embroidered onto something to replace existing items I could approach him about it. Not sure if he's done anything on leather, I'm going to take a closer look at my seats to see exactly how the logo is done. Also not sure if there's some sort of infringement issue with this and obviously if there is he's not going to get involved.

ShabahZ280 07-02-2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azbo (Post 37149)
Also not sure if there's some sort of infringement issue with this and obviously if there is he's not going to get involved.

There is. Sea Fox owns the Mariah brand and all the patent and trademarks associated with it. I wouldn't suggest doing this, especially since some of their high level staff members belong to the site.

Has anyone actually tried to contact Sea Fox Mariah about this and see what they recommend?

pllevine 05-26-2017 11:22 PM

Well....
I guess that no one has answered this posting, and it has been quite some time (five..... FIVE years). I am not the type of guy to go around assuming, and I know that Monck's Cormers SC isn't too far away from me.
I sincerely doubt that the people at Sea Fox really care if I try to repair the upholstery in my 18 year old Mariah by having someone recreate the stitched logos in the headrests. As the Sea Fox people said, they bought the Mariah name at a bankruptcy sale and they do not provide ANYTHING that has to do with older Mariah boats. And as long as I am not reaping a profit by selling Mariah logo'ed items, I am pretty sure that they do not care.
Anyone here disagree?

pllevine 05-29-2017 08:03 PM

By some chance, would anyone have a copy of the graphics file that the embroidery shop would need? I have multiple JPG files but I believe that the embroidery machines need ..... EPS (?) files....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GaryDoug 05-29-2017 08:19 PM

This might work: Converting your file

pllevine 05-30-2017 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GaryDoug (Post 62386)
This might work: Converting your file

I just got a reply from Jason Taska, the Director of Customer Service at Seafox. After explaining that I wanted to re-embroider the Mariah logo on my new interior, his exact response was "Go for it!".
So I guess that ends the legality issue of the recreation or use of the Mariah logo on my new interior..... See below:

Phil,

Go for it.

Thanks,

JMT

Jason M. Taska
Director of Customer Service

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk