The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Sea Fox - Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/sea-fox-mariah-talk/)
-   -   Still boating in Oklahoma (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/sea-fox-mariah-talk/449-still-boating-oklahoma.html)

boxcar 10-20-2007 02:06 AM

Still boating in Oklahoma

We are still boating in Oklahoma. It is supposed to be 85 degrees tommorow although a little windy (15 -25). We will stay in the Cimarron arm of Keystone Lake which will give us abot a 5 mile run out of the wind. We will probably have the boat winterized next week although there is no sign of freezing weather in the forecast. We are going to enjoy our last outing and put things up for the winter. It is always a sad deal to put it to bed but the first outing of the spring is certainly a big event....

mikeyt 10-20-2007 02:46 AM

Hey Boxcar. Enjoy your last trip for the season! How's the water levels down there? I haven't been talking to my brother in OKC for a while now....

boxcar 10-22-2007 02:24 PM

Didn't make it out

We didn't make it out this weekend. The wind was blowing more than just a little. We had gusts up to 35 mph so we didn't make it out. I am going to get the boat winterized this week.

The lake levels around here are good. We are about 2 ft. above normal and rising slow. The corp is letting considerable water through the dam due to all of the rain we have had in the past week.

I am in the process of downloading the new Mariah media kit. It looks promising as a source of info at least for new Mariah owners. There are a lot of vintage Mariahs running around the lake we boat on, so there must have been a dealer around here somewhere. Like I have said earlier, I think Seafox is using the original molds because the boats have the same profile as the older ones, but they are not finished out as good with all of the bells and whistles.

Boxcar

Keystone Lake, OK - '07 Mariah SX20 - '07 Chevy Tahoe

ShabahZ280 10-22-2007 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boxcar (Post 2181)
Like I have said earlier, I think Seafox is using the original molds because the boats have the same profile as the older ones, but they are not finished out as good with all of the bells and whistles.

You're right. Sea Fox purchased the molds up to the 24' model. The bigger sport performance molds went to Challenger Powerboats. I'm not sure who got the 280 & 308 MCC molds, those cruisers were beautiful.

There's no doubt the Sea Fox Mariah's aren't equipped with all the bells & whistles, but they still have a good number of features & sleek lines. I'm glad to see that you're enjoying yours! I'd like to see some more of the new Mariah users on here, so tell your friends, maybe even mention us to the dealers!

It's amazing how much wind can affect powerboating, isn't it? I know how you feel, Mine's sitting at the service dept waiting to get winterized. :rolleyes:

boxcar 10-25-2007 01:49 AM

Boat is in shop getting winterized

Well, we got it in and should get it back for the detailed work to get it ready for the loooong wait. We usually can get back out on the water here in mid April or so. The Mariah dealer here has sold a lot of new Mariahs and I am surprised there are not more Seafox Mariah owner's on here. I found out yesterday there was a large Mariah dealer here who sold the original ones until they went under. That would explain all of them on the water. We have a good mix of new ones and originals here. It is interesting to compare them. I beached beside one this summer and thought it was a newer one at first it was so slick and shiny, then he told me it was a 97 model 21 footer. After looking at it I believe is was a Z model. It had electric seats, windshield wipers and all sort of goodies. Also had a 350 mag in it...There are a lot of similarities, especially in the lines of the boat. The dash and gunwales look the same....
We are proud of ours and are always happy to see a friendly Mariah owner old or new on the lake, especially if he has a sweet looking admiral on board.......
Ah, the joys of the lake. Lets see, Nov, Dec, Jan. Feb, Mar, Apr......6 months at least. At least we can ride the Harley on warm days and stick our toes in it and dream about summer and women in bikinis and grandkids on tubes and burning serious gas.........Makes on appreciate summer????!!!!

Boxcar SX20 Chevy Tahoe 04 ElectraGlide Classic 99 Sportster