The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Sea Fox - Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/sea-fox-mariah-talk/)
-   -   New Mariah is Junk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/sea-fox-mariah-talk/3627-new-mariah-junk.html)

jdecoudres 01-13-2010 06:58 PM

New Mariah is Junk

I wouldnt advise to invest into a new mariah. I read on here where some one else just bought a brand new one and allready have problems withthe gel coat. I bought mine brand new it is sx20 and ever since it has been new had gel coat cracking problems and along with other things. At the begging of summer i contacted my dealer and they said just to wait till off season to get it fixed so I did and now just got done talking to mariah they are going to charge me for all this warrenty stuff. What a way to do buiness so just a little info for the furture i have had bad luck and heard from few others that has had bad luck with the new mariah company or so called sea fox.. If u could grab u a older mariah they are awsome!

Dredd 01-13-2010 11:34 PM

Re: New Mariah is Junk

Where's the gel coat having problems?
Just curious if it's around your tower, the factory cleats, or what...

jdecoudres 01-13-2010 11:50 PM

in the bow under the seats. On the floor board under passenger dash and right obove the trim piece that goes around the boat on the outside

tenndj 04-09-2010 07:33 PM

I have a 2008 SX18 and had nothing but trouble as well. Quality control is non exitent I determind at their plant mine was missing the front seats when it came in and a cleat on the back. They say they look over them before they ship but I dont think they look very well I mean really a cleat and all the front seats for a bow ridder.

boxcar 04-12-2010 10:20 PM

I have an '07 SX20 and have been really pleased with it. We have used it 3 summers so far and the only problem has been the Faria hourmeter. There are some small spider web type cracks on
the floor at the walk through to the bow, but they are nothing to be concerned with. The fit and finish is not a Cobalt by any stretch of the imagination, but it appears to be a good boat as well as a good looking boat. It rides good and will do almost 55 mph with the 5.0 and 21 pitch prop. It appears to be built solidly enough for lake use.

I do believe even Cobalt probably has some problems with some of their boats and we didn't give anywhere near what they want for them.

Y-Knot 04-20-2010 02:44 PM

Hmmmm....interesting.

Our FS18 has been a great performer to date. I have not seen cracking as described above yet I have not given her the once over this spring.

You're right boxcar, it's no Cobalt yet a reasonable mid entry craft.

marjan 04-21-2010 06:52 AM

Hello from Slovenia!
I bought a new SX22 (2009) from Seafox. I have not any problems with cracking but I needed a boat just 3 weeks last year. Now the boat is storage in garage. I hope, that I will not any problems in future. I will inform you about cracking in sep this year, when is end of my season.

Best regards!
Marjan