The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Sea Fox - Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/sea-fox-mariah-talk/)
-   -   Side covers for the Bimini Top (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/sea-fox-mariah-talk/1674-side-covers-bimini-top.html)

bakdraft 09-03-2008 09:19 PM

Side covers for the Bimini Top

2 Attachment(s)
I was wondering if anyone has ever bought the side and rear covers for the Bimini top.

After asking Seafox, there seems to be two covers available for the SX range of boats:

The canopy covers
The Bimini Top which can have side and rear covers.

I have attached a photo of both

I was wondering how well either worked, but as I Have a Bimini, this interests me most.

I am sure either would cost me an arm and a leg...

Player311 10-31-2008 07:53 PM

Hi:)

I have the "low" version of the cover at your picture. Works perfectly, I can sit dry even though its raining:wink_thumbup:
Be aware of the speed, the cover begs for mercy at apr 30mph..
What I dont like about it is that it takes some time to take it of..

bakdraft 11-01-2008 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Player311 (Post 10974)
Hi:)

I have the "low" version of the cover at your picture. Works perfectly, I can sit dry even though its raining:wink_thumbup:
Be aware of the speed, the cover begs for mercy at apr 30mph..
What I dont like about it is that it takes some time to take it of..

Thanks for the reply.. I was starting to wonder if I was the only member out there :(

Did you buy your cover as a post purchase option... if so, and you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost?

Also it sort of looks a bit .... well loose... is yours like this or taut?

I take it that the time to remove is all the press studs?

Thanks for your help

Dave

John Morgan 11-01-2008 05:23 AM

That "Win Me" sticker grabbed my attention. Where can I win a Mariah! Looks like I need to spend more time at the boat shows.

Player311 11-01-2008 06:59 AM

The cover was delivered with the boat when i baught it, but it must bee the "original" cover because the tag say "made in USA" and the boat was baught new in Norway. And yes, it is a bit loose.. but after i washed it in my washingmachine (40deg celsius) it became much more tight fit.
No, the press studs is not the "problem". The cover (exluding the bowcover) consists of six zippers and one big (i dont know the correct english word for it) "support rod" and all this has to be dissasembled to fit in the storing cover and stored in the engine compartment. Not a big deal, but I would rather like a simple mooring cover. Maybee anyone know about a dealer who sell good covers at a low price;)

djmccormick 11-04-2008 11:26 AM

Side and Rear Covers

I have 94 Barchetta and I would be interested in purchasing both, if anyone knows where we can find them

Z 202 11-04-2008 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Player311 (Post 10985)
Not a big deal, but I would rather like a simple mooring cover. Maybee anyone know about a dealer who sell good covers at a low price;)

Your best bet is to find a local canvas shop to make you a new one. Do it in the next couple of month (during the off season) and you will likely get a better price.

djmccormick 11-05-2008 10:16 AM

Off Season

Good Point, Thank You