The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Prop Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/prop-talk/)
-   -   Bravo 3 prop swap questions (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/prop-talk/9720-bravo-3-prop-swap-questions.html)

Hudson River Steve 08-19-2014 12:11 PM

Re: Bravo 3 prop swap questions

Rates depend on your area. Like I said, I have performed this job and it was not easy to access. I would not have an issue paying a a pro to have the job done correctly.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

globa1950 01-26-2021 01:06 AM

3 Attachment(s)
hi guys. please help. i need advice
i have 2 propellers but i would like to remove one and to try ride the boat with one.
is it safe? will it not harm engine itself? I have mercruiser bravo 3.
also if i remove one propeller- will it be okey for that metal beam that is sticking out from the lower unit( propeller holder)

mikeyt 01-26-2021 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by globa1950 (Post 68194)
hi guys. please help. i need advice
i have 2 propellers but i would like to remove one and to try ride the boat with one.
is it safe? will it not harm engine itself? I have mercruiser bravo 3.
also if i remove one propeller- will it be okey for that metal beam that is sticking out from the lower unit( propeller holder)

Again, It has been answered in your initial thread.

globa1950 05-05-2021 02:24 PM

1999 Mariah z222 Shabah
with 502 Mag MPI getting hot and not getting enough water thru those tiny little holes in the prop.
and because it also came with freaking bravo 3 - IT DOESNT EVEN HAVE THE IMPELLER inside there.

can some one advice what is the best to swap bravo 3 to?... big block v8 needs muchg more water flow

Hudson River Steve 05-05-2021 02:39 PM

Water comes from holes on either side of the outdrive, not through the prop. Make sure they are clear. The Bravo pump on the big block engines moves lmplenty of water. Check the impeller in it and make sure hose from gimbal ring to transom assy is not kinked. Lastly, check various coolers installed on engine for blockages, often caused by pieces of rubber impeller that broke off.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

globa1950 05-05-2021 03:07 PM

yeah so correct.
new impeller, but i will double check again all the hoses.but still the cold water hose still once disconnected before thermostat housing- it still not quite a streat id like to see while im in the water.
plust bravo three doesnt have the impeller in the stern drive thing...
so again - id like to know if its best to swap the bravo 3 to something that would work for my 502 mag 8.2L
to get the fountain of water in the engine

Hudson River Steve 05-05-2021 04:20 PM

The only drives that have water pump in the drive are the alphas which are only rated to 300hp. Your 502 would twist an Alpha up in no time. All other bravo drives use engine mounted pump just like you already have. You have an obstruction somewhere.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Motoxxx43 05-06-2021 11:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Global- there is nothing wrong with a bravo 3 outdrive. They are a very desirable outdrive. While a bravo 3 does NOT have an impeller in the outdrive your problem with water supply to the sea pump(on the engine block) may be in your outdtive. Not sure how mechanical you are but this is not a terrible fix. This KIT fixes the issue you might be able to address the issue with THIS and get a few seasons out of it.

If you are certain you are not getting enough water to your sea pump the above issue would be a great place to start.