Want to get rid of the ads? Become a member by registering today.
The Mariah Owners Club

Forum Left Top

Welcome to the The Mariah Owners Club.

Shabah 250 sunpad project/ideas

Projects

Old 11-03-2014, 09:08 PM   #1

Motoxxx43 is currently offline
Find me on the Map
My Year: 2000
My Model: Shabah 250
My Engine: 7.4 MPI Bravo I
Gallery Images: 11

Send Motoxxx43:
a Private Message

Default Shabah 250 sunpad project/ideas

Well here we are in the off season of boating all ready! At least here in Colorado. Seems like I just got done with winter projects a few weeks ago and Im back for more. That is boating I suppose! Thankfully the only costly project Im planning on is some new vinyl on the sunpad and possibly the rear bench... Undecided on that. It is not like the bench is in need ergo I may just wait till that special someone tears is or ??? Who knows!
The current sunpad has had its last season in my opinion. It has a few tears from me stepping on it in Feb of 12 when it was some negative degrees below zero and I needed to drain the block after purchasing the boat from AZ. I guess I was not thinking things through... Frozen vinyl flat out cracks when stepped on. (lesson learned). After this boating season the vinyl has been worn and discolored beyond repair. Thankfully I had some time to reflect on changes I might want to make to the pad while boating this season. Mainly the style of head rests. I do like the "Mariah" on the head rests but dont particularly care for the rests themselves. Bulky, in the way and they attract moisture where they meet the pad. I think they are going to be removed and a pad-long wedge put in place of the head rests that everyone finds in an awkward spot while they sit on the pad. I noticed a few boats this summer and really liked the designs they had. I dont have pictures of my existing pad yet but Ill be doing before/afters.
Not that I am partial to Checkmate boats or anything like that I just happen to like some of the designs of sunpad foam(layout) not that they are the only manufacturer that makes this particular design.

One of these attachments has a wedge and one is flat. I cant think of any issues that may arise from having a flat pad or wedge coming from headrests. Keeping colors as close as possible to what they are. Im not particularly worried about keeping it "Original" in regards to head rests . Not getting rid of boat anytime in near future. I will be keeping head rests for future use if needed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg New sunpad.jpg (165.9 KB, 126 views)
File Type: jpg sunpad idea.jpg (57.9 KB, 113 views)
  • Old 02-24-2015, 02:18 PM   #2

hemijosh426 is currently offline
    Gallery Images: 0

Send hemijosh426:
    a Private Message

Default Re: Shabah 250 sunpad project/ideas

Did you ever end up replacing your sunpad? I have a Davanti 225 that I am going to replace the vinyl on shorty
    Old 02-24-2015, 03:02 PM   #3

Find me on the Map

Send Motoxxx43:
    a Private Message

Yep. Its all wrapped in plastic till I get the boat put back together. I'm working on cleaning up the wiring and some stereo stuff. Once I'm done getting in an out I'll mount the pad and rear bench. As it is I got rid of the head rests. Its smooth looking but not sure if I like the rounded look. The guy basically made the hump of the head rest the hump across the entire pad. It looks more like the photo on bottom. He did a really good job though. Matched the stitching and patterns like factory. The foam was in great shape.
    As for the material- I'll post it when I find the exact stuff. I can't recall the name. Its tough stuff and feels plush.
    Old 02-24-2015, 04:30 PM   #4

Find me on the Map

Send Motoxxx43:
    a Private Message

I couldn't tell you why but it seemed difficult picking out the vinyl. I had numerous samples to go off of. I had stuff sent from Gary's upholstery and it was good stuff. Matching the existing stuff was next to impossible. Ended up getting some stuff that had really good UV and abrasion resistance that felt good. http://spradlingvinyl.com/catalog_co...20Pure%20White
    Old 04-14-2016, 03:10 AM   #5

gahooligan is currently offline
    My Year: 1999
    My Model: 202
    My Engine: 5.7l
    Gallery Images: 0

Send gahooligan:
    a Private Message

If anyone comes looking - My 1999 shabah vinyl was perfectly matched by Gary's Upolstery in Florida using the colorguard line of vinyl. not the cheapest vinyl, very heavy, basically and updated version of original. Grain and colors matched perfectly, and I mean perfect, even to an extremely OCD person like me. I also have Mariah logo embroidery stich files if you need them. PM me.
    Old 01-17-2017, 07:34 PM   #6

baholtz is currently offline
    My Year: 1998
    My Model: 202 Shabah
    My Engine: 305
    Gallery Images: 14

Send baholtz:
    a Private Message

Gahooligan,

Can you PM contact info for Gary's?

I'm trying to find vinyl. If anyone can help me out on what/where to buy that would be awesome.