The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Projects (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/projects/)
-   -   interior cost (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/projects/6594-interior-cost.html)

buchshot12000 03-23-2012 09:46 PM

interior cost

I got a quote for just the bow portion of the boat, to the tune of 1800 bucks. I about had a heart attack. Not sure if i want to continue or not.

mikeyt 03-24-2012 03:23 AM

Re: interior cost

Wow... :eek_animated: Sounds like someone is trying to retire early on your $$

rayzorback 03-24-2012 04:29 PM

Just got my front 3 seats recovered (bottoms only) and the rear bench seat bottom. cost me $250 here in Arkansas. I used the "Buckskin" colored Nautalex from Gary's Upholstery in Florida. I think I got the deal because I have used this upholsterer before.

buchshot12000 03-24-2012 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyt (Post 34689)
Wow... :eek_animated: Sounds like someone is trying to retire early on your $$

thats what i'm thinking, im still getting qoutes

buchshot12000 03-24-2012 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rayzorback (Post 34701)
Just got my front 3 seats recovered (bottoms only) and the rear bench seat bottom. cost me $250 here in Arkansas. I used the "Buckskin" colored Nautalex from Gary's Upholstery in Florida. I think I got the deal because I have used this upholsterer before.

the funny part is that it was 300 for material, and 1500 for labor. that is to put it back to original. including the 2 embroided head rest.

ColoradoDiablo 03-25-2012 03:18 PM

Tell him you want the seats done ....not a new boat!!:eek_animated: That's outragous!! My buddy just had the whole interior done on his 19' Chriscraft Concept for 1200.00. He did supply the material , but that was for the whole boat.
Look around you'll find a better deal:yes_grin:
Larry

Oregondunes 03-28-2012 12:42 AM

My bow section was just over $1000, including everything (side panels, seats, backs and center cushions)

Gin Time 07-09-2012 01:18 PM

I am headed to the upholstery shop in an hour for a quote to replace all the trim and seating color in my new to me '93 Diablo 18. Just piked her up yesterday and it seems like every piece of blue material is cracked. All the white is fine. Guess it's the dyes they used that break down?? Hopefully this doesn't break the bank! I will post an update soon. If all goes well I will post some before and after shots along with costs.

Gin Time 07-09-2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gin Time (Post 37414)
I am headed to the upholstery shop in an hour for a quote to replace all the trim and seating color in my new to me '93 Diablo 18. Just piked her up yesterday and it seems like every piece of blue material is cracked. All the white is fine. Guess it's the dyes they used that break down?? Hopefully this doesn't break the bank! I will post an update soon. If all goes well I will post some before and after shots along with costs.

I had two shops look at the boat. Both said I need every piece of material replaced... uggg. One shot quoted my $2800 and the other shop $2000. If I take all the pieces off and bring it to them I can save $200.

ColoradoDiablo 07-09-2012 06:57 PM

Sounds like you need to put in some overtime this winter Gin. If you go that far , I'd think about using King Starboard for your backing panels. More money but you won't regret it if you plan on keeping her.

Larry