The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Projects (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/projects/)
-   -   Thru-Hull exhaust (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/projects/4977-thru-hull-exhaust.html)

845paulg 10-15-2010 09:36 PM

Thru-Hull exhaust

Hello. I'm going to install Corsa captian choice exhaust to my 1996 Shabah Z 272. No sure wether I should go straight out the back transom or come out the side. The side tips look like the dock light retainers. I'm leaning toward the side outlet look. Any suggestions???

indykoch 10-25-2010 03:11 PM

Re: Thru-Hull exhaust

If you want it to look stock, go out the back and use the rectangular/oval shaped tips.

I've heard the side exit sounds louder inside, in front, and to the side of the boat. Whereas rear exit is obviously louder behind the boat. I've also heard side exit sounds "different" due to mainly hearing only one side at a time.

The side exit will also take up more room inside the storage areas. Personally, I like the rear exit and would like to have a stock look if possible.

garyg 10-25-2010 04:21 PM

845paulg I have a 2000 Z 272 7.4 MPI with captains choice.If you look ai the gallery 2000 gary g's Z272 you can see what my exhaust looks like. Hope this may help you.I love the sound of the motor when you take off or when you fire the Z up at the dock and the smiles you get from other boaters .I always get many good compleiments about our boat ,most can't beleive its 10 years old. Gary G :wink_thumbup:

Oregondunes 10-25-2010 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garyg (Post 26559)
845paulg I have a 2000 Z 272 7.4 MPI with captains choice.If you look ai the gallery 2000 gary g's Z272 you can see what my exhaust looks like. Hope this may help you.I love the sound of the motor when you take off or when you fire the Z up at the dock and the smiles you get from other boaters .I always get many good compleiments about our boat ,most can't beleive its 10 years old. Gary G :wink_thumbup:

so when your sitting in the water with say 4-6 peps in the boat, does the exhaust tips touch the water ?

garyg 10-25-2010 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oregondunes (Post 26562)
so when your sitting in the water with say 4-6 peps in the boat, does the exhaust tips touch the water ?

Oregondunes I have had more than 6 people on board and no problem.I think when Mariah build there hulls they made sure that you would not have that problem.Do you have any pictures of your boat in the gallery?? Gary G:wink_thumbup:

Oregondunes 10-25-2010 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garyg (Post 26568)
Oregondunes I have had more than 6 people on board and no problem.I think when Mariah build there hulls they made sure that you would not have that problem.Do you have any pictures of your boat in the gallery?? Gary G:wink_thumbup:

What I meant by that was some thru hull systems sit just barely in the water and have the bubbling sound (kinda mufflied)....wondered if yours did that too.

Im contemplating the thru hull setup (but not the captains call), and wanted to make sure it wasnt tooo loud. Not that noise doesnt bother me, its the peps around me that get annoyed at it all.

garyg 10-25-2010 09:55 PM

Oregondunes That what is nice about captains choice that I just flip the switch and exhaust is normal and the wife is happy as she does like the noise as she calls it. But when I am in the boat its my choice. THERE IS NO WATER BUBBLING NOISE to answer your question. Hope this helps. If you look at my pictures in the gallery it shows good pictures of my exhaust and my trim tabs Any more questions just fire away. Gary G :wink_thumbup: