The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Projects (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/projects/)
-   -   pics of 97 221 talari floor replacement and full interior replace (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/projects/10104-pics-97-221-talari-floor-replacement-full-interior-replace.html)

dafucwuzat 05-03-2015 01:14 AM

pics of 97 221 talari floor replacement and full interior replace

3 Attachment(s)
figured I'd post these for anyone to reference, especially stringer layout and stuff. i just finished glassing floor and cpes'ing the wood for seats and sundeck. going to order gelcoat this week hopefully if i can get a sure match on color of boat. anyway, I will update later too. This is about to get the best of me
Attachment 5990

Attachment 5991

Attachment 5992

admins....feel free to move thread

dafucwuzat 05-03-2015 01:21 AM

Re: pics of 97 221 talari floor replacement and full interior replace

2 Attachment(s)
whoops, heres the current picsAttachment 5993

Attachment 5994

Lucky14 05-09-2015 12:55 AM

Ok i will profess my Orginal Mariah ignorance.... but i thought all Mariahs used no rot transoms and stringers?

dafucwuzat 05-09-2015 01:10 AM

Nothing rotted. Floor wasn't rotten but bowing and pulled staples. Figured I'd replace floor while up. Stringers were water logged but good. Water puddle in front of gas tank in April! !! Used cpes on stringers and all other wood and glassed new floor. Yes, they are rot proof Douglas fur but not warp proof.

Lucky14 05-09-2015 01:31 AM

I thought it was structual foam like the transoms is sea foxes..but no rot is no rot. Is that true for new seafoxes... douglas fur

dafucwuzat 05-09-2015 01:37 AM

Don't know about seafox, but my flotation foam was a joke. You can see in pics it's pretty weak but I'm leaving it as is. Figured it lasted THIS long, I'll Burn It later:)

dafucwuzat 05-18-2015 05:31 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Been a while but heres update on boat. Decided not to snap in carpet. Also not glueing it either. gonna try something different. Its 32 oz from ebay. See how it works. You'll notice bow section carpet and side kick panels still have old carpet. To be done at later date. Anyway, new carpet is very cozy, especially when you walk across it and old bow carpet. Real attention getter. Anyway, the family is ready to go boating so I'm having upholstery done locally instead of doing it myself like planned. Just not enough time for the shade tree guy. will get final pics up when i get upholstery back. Hope you like it, if any of you are on patoka lake in indiana, slide by and say hi n have a sip with us. (will be lake monroe occaisonally and rend lake over 4th)Attachment 6034

Attachment 6035

Attachment 6036

Attachment 6037

redrockr1 05-19-2015 06:32 PM

Boat looks good. Killer job! I'll be on Rend the 4th as well.:wink_thumbup:

wylie 05-04-2016 10:01 PM

Hello, saw your floor replacement pics on the owners site. Really nice. Did you glass both sides of your floor panels? You mention CPS or CPESING s, pardon my ignorance, what was that? How did you determine how close to cut near the chine? I'm about to do my 192 Barchetta any help would be appreciated.

dafucwuzat 06-11-2016 03:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got back on this post to update my pics. Was ashamed of passenger seat I built so I didn't post final results last year. Anyway, the seat that's mounted was drivers seat and I have the second one coming. Wylie, I didn't get a notification that u replied. Sorry. I glassed top only after complete install. But, everything got smiths cpes. Good stuff, pricey, but good. As far as cuts, it's a pain the first time. Not real sure if it was worth doing myself to be honest. The prices I got locally weren't much more than what I have in it by the time you nickel n dime yourself. I bought a Dremel multi max. Big help! Just took my time and cut, felt around, cut some more. Cpes stands for clear penetrating epoxy sealer, smiths makes it. Good luck with yours.