The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   Suggestions on best place to sell my 97 Mariah z210 and approximate value? (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/9900-suggestions-best-place-sell-my-97-mariah-z210-approximate-value.html)

mdcloud 11-18-2014 08:55 PM

Suggestions on best place to sell my 97 Mariah z210 and approximate value?

I have a 1997 z210 and due to family problems i am going to have to sell my beloved boat. i am the original owner and she has been well cared for. i had the upholstery redone about 4 years ago. almost everything else is in great condition. i dont have a clue as to how to go about finding a value or where to look to sell it. do you guys have any suggestions? any thoughts are appreciated

roger allen 11-18-2014 09:28 PM

Re: Suggestions on best place to sell my 97 Mariah z210 and approximate value?

I bought mine on ebay about a month ago, its a 235z and I paid 5600.00 for it. if you send me some pictures I will ask around, I know a guy that buys boats to re sale
[email protected]

Hudson River Steve 11-18-2014 11:40 PM

Check out NADA.com for a value. Unfortunately it is a tough time of year to sell a boat. Everyone is looking for an end of the season bargain so you may have to discount. Good luck.

ShabahZ280 11-19-2014 03:24 PM

Steve hit the nail right on the head. This is the most difficult time of the year to sell and maximize profits. People buy during the winter (I bought my Z250 in January of '06!), but people will attempt to wheel and deal for the lowest possible price due to the season.

Pricing it and selling it yourself can be easy, but the hassle of having to show the boat to every single person interested can get to be an inconvenience at times. You'll also have to deal with a ton of "tire-kickers" wanting to low-ball you, and frankly just waste your time. Some seriously interested people may want to insist on a test drive, in which case you'd have to arrange to transport the boat, de-winterize the engine, take them out for a test drive, load it back up, and winterize again immediately. This will be incredibly frustrating if you have multiple people that want to do this.

The other option is you could find a local boat brokerage or dealer. You could broker the boat with them, and not only would you get free storage on their lot until the boat sells, but you'd get a salesperson trying to sell your boat, and you don't have to worry about it. They'll take usually a 10% commission though. They'll handle all the "showings", test drives, price haggling ,etc. However, if I can offer some advice, if you're going to go this route, try and get it listed with a broker/dealer soon, before the boat shows start. This way if they've got a booth or display at any local boat shows, you'll maximize visibility on your boat. :)

Motoxxx43 11-28-2014 04:17 PM

From my experience... I tried craigslist and wasted quite a few days off waiting on so called buyers to come by to have a look. They never showed. Those that did were there to literally shoot the breeze over things unrelated to them buying the boat. I did boattrader.com only to find it a total waste of money. The first place I should have tried and will try in the future will be ebay. I think they charged 125 as sellers fee. I spent more on boattrader.com listing and got zero phone calls. Ebay was easy. Having a ton of quality photos will definitely help as well.
Like Shabah said- not the best time of year but I too purchased my Shabah250 in January.
As for the price, use NADA and maybe search ebay, searchtempest.com, etc to find other z210s and see what they are asking. Im thinking a savvy buyer will come at you with a NADA price and try to nit-pick you from there. Again, thats just my experience.