The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   Smart Tab, transfer from SX's to Hydraulic trim tabs (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/9476-smart-tab-transfer-sxs-hydraulic-trim-tabs.html)

CHICKS75 06-20-2014 04:28 PM

Smart Tab, transfer from SX's to Hydraulic trim tabs

1 Attachment(s)
Hello all,

Well, like the title states I was wondering if anyone has made this transition and were you able to use the same bolt pattern?

I love my Nauticus SX 80 lbs. smart tabs in all other areas but, I find in the Oklahoma wind and having a “loaded” boat, when I get tossed to one side or the other the “Tabs” seem to compress fully on one side & be fully deployed on the other which causes my boat to run cockeyed until I slow down and/or turn “force tilt” the boat in the other direction.

When the boat is loaded light there is no problem at all.

The pic I attached is not mine but Razor's boat. Mine is an exact duplicate except for the swim deck.

If you have made this change to a hydraulic system what part # did you purchase, how was the install?

Thanks for any help at all guys & IT'S SUMMERTIME!!!!

ShabahZ280 06-20-2014 04:46 PM

Re: Smart Tab, transfer from SX's to Hydraulic trim tabs

Regardless of the mounting holes matching up for the tabs themselves, if you install a hydraulic trim tab system, you'll still have to drill two 3/4" holes in the hull for the hydraulic supply pipes to the trim tabs.

If you want a somewhat less painful install, you can look into Lenco electric trim tabs. They use electric instead of hydraulic fluid to operate, and you'll only have to drill two 3/8" holes in the hull for the electrical wires...

So, there's no easy way to swap smart tabs to hydraulic or electric tabs without drilling into the hull... Besides, have you priced either of those kits? Is it worth $600?

Personally, I'd put the $600 into the fuel tank, enjoy the boat as it is, and just practice driving and maneuverability a bit more, so you're more used to it. Or, contact Nauticus and see if they can offer some recommendations, they seem to be very helpful with customer service.

ColoradoDiablo 06-20-2014 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShabahZ280 (Post 53351)
Personally, I'd put the $600 into the fuel tank, enjoy the boat as it is, and just practice driving and maneuverability a bit more, so you're more used to it. Or, contact Nauticus and see if they can offer some recommendations, they seem to be very helpful with customer service.

:wink_thumbup::wink_thumbup:

gahooligan 06-20-2014 11:13 PM

Mine will occasionally do the same thing in rough water and only when loaded down. I'm not so sure it's the smart tabs causing it but a quick swerve always fixes it. I agree 600 dollars buys a lot of gas

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using Tapatalk