The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   Floor Drain Problem (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/937-floor-drain-problem.html)

Douglas Alderman 04-05-2008 03:50 AM

Floor Drain Problem

The drain in the porta potty stall doesn't drain. Has two drains in same area. Tried plunger and snake 10ft. long. don't know if snake was just curling up, but no luck. Poured drain cleaner in and no luck still can see it in the traps. Can't tell if first owner had ever used the stall. Could there be no hose outlet in that part of boat? On that side of boat, two outside holes are there. One is bigger than the other. Tried snaking from outside. No luck! Any one have this problem with drainage in your boat? Thought about drilling hole through drains and have water go into bildge. Boat is made where their are no panels to remove and look.

supastipa 04-05-2008 04:29 AM

I always take the cover off and put the pressure washer in the hole

Douglas Alderman 04-05-2008 05:49 AM

Drain Problem

Good idea! I'll try it. There may be old bugs nest in exit holes.

Douglas Alderman 04-06-2008 02:25 AM

Drain Problem

Did the pressure washer thing. Down the drain inside the boat and through the holes outside. No luck! Water still sitting in porta potty stall. Question: I have Two water outlets on the Starboard side back of boat. One larger than the other. 1 - should be for the bilge 2 - other bottom hole should be for stall. I would think! My boat has alot of Issues!!!

supastipa 04-06-2008 03:33 AM

I have to admit, I have not tried the pressure washer thing with the drain in the porta potty compartment. I had issues with the drain in front of the head near the starboard exit. If I remember correctly, the water shot out on the port side near where the drain is located. I know we both have Jubilee models but mine is a 24' model...there may be small differences.

Douglas Alderman 04-06-2008 03:53 AM

Floor Drain

Had put a drain cleaner guaranteed to unplug clogged drains. Didn't work! Made to even remove clogged hair. Was in the drain a long time. Something should have happened. Don't want to put anything stronger in drain and cause more problems than I have.

Mariah Z276 04-06-2008 02:24 PM

I had trouble with drains in the cockpit floor. I did not know witch hole it drained to but had a good idea. I used air pressure and blew from the hole outside untill I found the right hole. I found a ball barring in my drain.

james mccrum 01-04-2010 08:03 PM

Re: Floor Drain Problem

Quote:

Originally Posted by Douglas Alderman (Post 5358)
The drain in the porta potty stall doesn't drain. Has two drains in same area. Tried plunger and snake 10ft. long. don't know if snake was just curling up, but no luck. Poured drain cleaner in and no luck still can see it in the traps. Can't tell if first owner had ever used the stall. Could there be no hose outlet in that part of boat? On that side of boat, two outside holes are there. One is bigger than the other. Tried snaking from outside. No luck! Any one have this problem with drainage in your boat? Thought about drilling hole through drains and have water go into bildge. Boat is made where their are no panels to remove and look.

I own a mariah z218 and I have the same problem that the porta potty stall has drain in floor.
I have some kind of leak were this hole area fills up with water 10-15 gal and it does not drain.
I and up using a wet dry vacum cleaner to remove the water and I also have vacum at drain point.
I have the transom drain plug removed every year and I think there be a problem with having water stil
sitting in drain line over the winter. My boat has drain points on the starboard and port sides foward
of the transom approx along side the operator seat area. I think some on else had a ball come out this
could be check valve ball which allows water to go out but stops water from coming in.

Chriswilliams 07-13-2010 01:45 PM

Re: Floor Drain Problem

Try a fiberglass electricians fishtape. That should work well. They are 1/4" and have a metal flex connector on the end. gemnerally they are 50' in length so it should make it to the blockage or out.

Hope that helps,

Chris