The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   Help a fellow Mariah owner out. (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/904-help-fellow-mariah-owner-out.html)

KSP181 03-31-2008 02:45 AM

Help a fellow Mariah owner out.

I just have one question. Why are there so many people on here working and upgrading their boats and so few articles in the projects and how to sections?:confused: I would like to see what others are doing to maintain and improve their boats. Something that may seem easy to one person may be hard to understand for another. Pictures are worth a thousand words. I have not made any upgrades to my boat yet, but when I do, I will take pictures and post for all. I just ask for everyone to do the same.

ShabahZ280 03-31-2008 01:03 PM

Great point! We need more writeups!!!

mikeyt 03-31-2008 01:37 PM

Unfortunately until this damm snow goes away and i can get mine out of storage (which might be June at the rate we're going here) i cant start any of the projects (replace fold down drivers seat with proper Mariah bucket seat, install a set of LED docking lights) i planned on doing. Once started, i will take some pics & jot some notes for posting here.

CameronBrian2120 03-31-2008 02:02 PM

Hopefully I will have so DIY write-ups I can post soon as well.

180diablo 03-31-2008 03:59 PM

I agree. Writeups are always nice to read, however sometimes they can be time consuming to take pics while you go.

Such as my rubber rail install, no hope in heck of photos for that swap.. lol.

I know when I replaced the switches in my dash, I had help from both of my uncles and basically we did it pretty fast. So taking photos would have slowed down the install process.

If I had done it myself and was successful, yeah I would have stopped to take pics and do a writeup along the way.

Right now the next "upgrade" for my boat is the fuel gauge resistor addon. Which that wont even happen till about late May or June anyways.

MariahMan 04-01-2008 07:16 PM

Yes, we need a lot more writeups. Thanks for bringing this up Mark.

It can be a pain to take pictures throughout the build process, but these can actually come in handy. In all the projects i've done, i try to take pictures along the way of critical components, before and after i do something, because you never know when you need to go back in time and refer to something. If you don't have a service manual with a parts diagram, getting things back together correctly can be a PITA. Pictures along the way can make this very easy.

Just some food for thought:wink_thumbup:

180diablo 04-02-2008 02:38 PM

Agreed. I remember when i started into the switches swap. I basically drew a roadmap of what colour wires go where and to which and how many etc.

Hmmm, I could document the install of the mariah port/starboard decals I bought about 2 years ago. Just have to find that decal install thread on here.