The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   Few questions for winter projects... (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/9005-few-questions-winter-projects.html)

gahooligan 01-23-2014 02:59 AM

Few questions for winter projects...

So I want to get a few things done this winter and need some info...

I have looked and looked (although I have not CALLED The Miami Corp to ask... Does anyone know the correct vinyl brand and model/line for my 1999 202 Shaba? I know someone on here can tell me the factory color names but I can't find that post again... I need some white and tan. I need to redo the rear bench lower, 2 captains chair bottoms, and maybe one headrest and the sun pad. The one headrest and sun pad only have one or two little punctures. Not sure it's worth redoing the sun pad but it may be a good idea while I'm at it The piping is kind of nicked up on it. Anyone want to guess on yardage amount to cover those items?

also - last year, I know the carb was a bit rich. It would do an extended crank when the engine was run, shut off for a few min., then restarted. If I opened the butterfly it would start easily. But you always could smell the fuel on the restart for being rich. Is there a mixture screw and factory setting? Do I need a rebuild? I think it's more a carb issue than timing as the extra air definitely cures the start issue. it's a 5.7l w 240 hrs...

the gauge manufacture has a lifetime warranty? My tach is out and the quick fixes listed on the forums by others did nothing. I want to take it out and send it in. I think someone said it's like $40?? Is that correct? I have another tach sitting here but want my original Mariah gauge! how long is the turn around at the gauge company?

Hopefully the decal guy will be back on soon and I can get some new graphics and such from him! I sent him an email, he is still around correct?

I'm sure I'll think of other questions but That's all for now.

Thanks Guys! I hop everyone is surviving the winter time blues... It won't be long and we'll be back on the water! I can't wait!

Matt in GA

Motoxxx43 01-23-2014 10:33 PM

Re: Few questions for winter projects...

Only have one answer for you and that is in reference to the gauge.

http://www.faria-instruments.com/sit...d-Warranty.pdf

As for the upholstery, Im contemplating that as well. I was on some other forums looking at what the wake boats use on their high traffic areas. Came up with Morbern Marine Vinyl. There are sites that will send you a sample of their stuff for around $5. I realize it would be nice to have matching vinyl to use as a replacement but Im going for something a little more durable/thicker on the sunpad. That is where Im at now- could change my mind next week!

gahooligan 01-24-2014 12:40 AM

I agree, but seeing as I am only doing pieces (the rest is really good and I'm broke) I really need to find as close to the original vinyl as I can. I'm sure someone will chime in, I guess it's just slow on the forum due to winter...

Thanks for the gauge info!

gahooligan 01-24-2014 12:46 AM

WOW!! $100!! Their new ones sell for that! I may try to swap the face and bezel of my old one to the new one I already have! That's crazy!

ShabahZ280 01-24-2014 01:10 AM

The original is made by Omnova and it's called Nautolex Prefixx Vinyl. PM me your HIN and I can give you the exact color names of the vinyl used in your boat.

gahooligan 01-24-2014 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShabahZ280 (Post 50336)
The original is made by Omnova and it's called Nautolex Prefixx Vinyl. PM me your HIN and I can give you the exact color names of the vinyl used in your boat.

Do you know which texture in the Nautolex? Prefixx is the stain coating they apply to it. There are many different textures/patterns available. I sent you a pm hopefully that will tell you! Thanks again!

knightriderz 01-25-2014 01:25 AM

Try these folks--I had them send me samples and was able to find an excellent match.
I found mine under the Nautolex: Capitano
Upholstery Supplies, Leather Upholstery Hydes, Naugahyde, Upholstery Foam
Good luck!!:D

mikeyt 01-25-2014 03:18 AM

The decal guy (Mike Eftink or eftinksboats) can be hard to reach thru this forum. Try him on Facebook (his name) or the Mariah Boat Owners facebook site, or via eBay under his business name. Tell him you've been trying to reach him thru this forum and u might get a little discount.

gahooligan 01-26-2014 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gahooligan (Post 50334)
WOW!! $100!! Their new ones sell for that! I may try to swap the face and bezel of my old one to the new one I already have! That's crazy!

As a note... I had a Faria Tach sitting here that I got with the boat so... I figured I'd try to disassemble it. Volia! I now have my original Mariah guage face and gold bezel on a brand new Faria Tach.. Cost=FREE! Awesome! (now lets hope it works...lol)

Matt

phillycincykid 01-27-2014 11:30 PM

i bought all my vinyl from Miami , i matched it up to the original perfect, what i did was buy a whole bunch of samples, (not much, like maybe 10$ for 6 cards full of vinyl samples)took them home and found the exact match. my colors are aqua spray and off winter white or something silly like that . idk if there are exact vinyl codes numbers somewheres that say exactly what you have like they do for vehicles, my boat there wasn't, or if there was i never found them , my boat also is a 1990 so its a bit older. If its around, Miami corp will find it and have it. :wink_thumbup: