The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   "The Mick" (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/8973-mick.html)

ColoradoDiablo 12-30-2013 03:59 AM

"The Mick"

Nice collector item , but kinda steep in price , unless your the new owner of "The Mick" that I believe sold at auction not to long ago.:)

"THE MICK"

Andy b 12-30-2013 09:25 AM

Re: "The Mick"

Did anyone manage to trace the new owner of the boat?

ColoradoDiablo 12-30-2013 01:44 PM

Don't believe so Andy.
Those big auction houses seem to kinda keep their buyers names hush hush.;)

Andy b 12-30-2013 01:59 PM

I seem to remember the previous owners family posting on here,
It's a shame there was no way of letting the new owner know about this place and things like this item when they pop up....

It might just be me, but I love stuff like this. Mind you us Brits are big on heritage, not like you new boys over the pond :rolling_laugh:

ColoradoDiablo 12-30-2013 02:25 PM

This is the last info I have seen on this boat.
Chris might have followed it through the auction process , but I'm sure he would have kept us in the loop if he came up with anymore info.

ShabahZ280 12-30-2013 06:30 PM

Gallery 63, the auction house in Atlanta sold the boat for the family. They used to have a TV show on the Discovery Channel called "Auction Kings" that highlighted their big auction items, and they had even signed up as a member here on the site, but Discovery Channel cancelled the show two weeks before the auction of this boat. I would have loved to have seen the segment! Would have been some good publicity for the MOC!

I spoke with the daughter briefly after the sale, and she was a little disappointed in the final sale value... I was a little shocked myself. Considering the condition, the celebrity/sentimental values associated with the boat, and the fact there's only three of these "Mick" boats in existence, it should have gone for a lot more. However, someone's got a great piece of Mariah and Mickey Mantle history. I'd hope we'd get to meet them at some point! :wink_thumbup:

BradBrooks 06-09-2015 07:12 PM

Hey guys. I'm new to the site but my dad now owns the boat you are talking about in this thread. He bought it from the guy who got it at the auction. The story he was told is that it never ran well and after some investigation we found that a cylinder is badly scarred. We're planning to put in a new motor soon. I'll post some pictures when I get a chance to take some. Do any of you have access to the build sheets or any other information about the boat?

theeasynine 06-10-2015 01:12 AM

That's awesome Brad. I'd love to see some pictures of the Mick.

Motoxxx43 06-10-2015 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BradBrooks (Post 56851)
Hey guys. I'm new to the site but my dad now owns the boat you are talking about in this thread. He bought it from the guy who got it at the auction. The story he was told is that it never ran well and after some investigation we found that a cylinder is badly scarred. We're planning to put in a new motor soon. I'll post some pictures when I get a chance to take some. Do any of you have access to the build sheets or any other information about the boat?

I believe you can PM ShabahZ280 and he might be able to tell you what is on the build sheet.

Welcome to the MOC