The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   Engine Hour Gauge and Depth gauge (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/8658-engine-hour-gauge-depth-gauge.html)

J Thornton 08-13-2013 01:33 AM

Engine Hour Gauge and Depth gauge

I wasn't really in the market for a boat but I ran across a 01 192 and fell in love with it. I only has 111 hours on it I ran it quite a bit up and down Lake Havasu for a couple days and I don't think it moved? Also what kind of oil do fill the depth gauge sending unit with? Thanks in advance.

mikeyt 08-13-2013 03:30 AM

Re: Engine Hour Gauge and Depth gauge

Ummm... you dont think what moved? I'm not sure i understand your question but i think you are asking about the hour meter? It may have been disconnected if you ran it for an hour or so and it didn't move. May have been an accidental disconnect or an intentional one by a prior owner. As for the transducer oil, just use plain old gear oil for good results. Haven't seen too many of the oil filled transducers and i suspect they were only used in the last year or so of production. AndyB has an oil filled transducer so he may chime in here sooner or later.

Andy b 08-14-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyt (Post 47965)
As for the transducer oil, just use plain old gear oil for good results. Haven't seen too many of the oil filled transducers and i suspect they were only used in the last year or so of production. AndyB has an oil filled transducer so he may chime in here sooner or later.

I've found that gear oil works for me :wink_thumbup:
TBH just about any oil will do the job, but when I put gear oil in it seemed to find the depth almost straight away...
Before you fill it tho it may pay to check that the ring is still bonded down.
It would appear to be quite common for them to come unstuck.
This may be why there's no oil in yours and it's easier to do it now than have to clean it up later to do it :rolleyes:

J Thornton 08-15-2013 03:25 AM

Thanks, I didn't find the depth gauge holder yet I'll have to get a mirrorI'm too tall and theres no room to look under with the seats and all. Thank you guys for a quick response.

mikeyt 08-15-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Thornton (Post 48076)
Thanks, I didn't find the depth gauge holder yet I'll have to get a mirrorI'm too tall and theres no room to look under with the seats and all. Thank you guys for a quick response.

ummm... if you haven't found the transducer 'holder' how did you know it was an oil-filled one? :confused:

uselessgrant 08-21-2013 01:45 AM

Oil filled transducer on a depth finder? I may be naive but that sounds ww2 technology to me. Every one I've ever seen electronic. Hope I didn't ruin a good muffler bearing joke.