The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   Talari 190Z dash / lcd (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/830-talari-190z-dash-lcd.html)

sledge437 03-08-2008 03:14 AM

Talari 190Z dash / lcd

I have a 95 Talari Z190. It has what appears to be an LCD type readout up and dead center in the dash just above the depth finder. It has never worked. Is this a functioning information center of some sort or decoration? If it is an info center, what is displayed on it? Thanks. Clint

WetWilly 03-08-2008 03:56 AM

Hi Clint,

The LCD panel is Mariah's Digital Information Center.

It is supposed to display the following in either English or Metric:
  1. Trip odometer
  2. Clock
  3. Trip Time
  4. Average Speed of Trip
  5. Distance to Destination
  6. Estamated Time of Arrival at Present Speed
  7. Barometric pressure
  8. Barametric Pressure Trends

Hope this helps,
WetWilly

sledge437 03-08-2008 07:19 AM

WW, thanks a bunch...had no clue. Mine is not working but Im hoping it is just a wiring issue. Only had the boat a few months and still learning it. Again, thanks. Clint

WetWilly 03-08-2008 08:28 AM

My pleasure Clint!

Hope you get it working and when you do, let us know what it was, OK?

Good luck,
WetWilly

Z 202 03-08-2008 12:52 PM

Check out this thread: LED Mulitfunction display

You might want to PM Randy, (the thread starter) he seems to be the most knowledgeable about the thing.

MariahMan 03-08-2008 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z 202 (Post 4549)
You might want to PM Randy, (the thread starter) he seems to be the most knowledgeable about the thing.

Randy is our resident Electrical Engineer and he's awesome! He was able to copy the operating code off of a functioning unit so that he can re-program future units that have gotten corrupt. This may be your issue Clint. I'm not 100% sure though as i have no experience with this display as its not installed in our 252 Shabah.

If that is the case, it seems to be an easy thing to remove and then you could send it to Randy and he'd have it all fixed pretty fast.

We are supposed to have a manual for this thing, but i can't seem to find it in our gallery. I'm confirming where it is and i'll let you know as soon as i find it. I encourage you to become a contributing member and take advantage of this and many other resources we have available to contributors. It's all explained here! if you are interested.

sledge437 03-09-2008 04:18 AM

Thanks everyone. I have to work all weekend (great life of a cop) but will be working on the boat on Monday and will check it out. If it turns out not to be a wiring cause, I will definately be hitting ya'll up for the re-program issue. I am a contributing member to this site, and this is exactly why. I asked a difficult question and it was answered with in minutes. Thanks everyone. Clint

sledge437 03-09-2008 04:27 AM

I made a donation via paypal months ago when the site was trying to be organized. Is there another contribution I should know about?
(now folks, please dont say your name is Timculolo from Botswana and you need a contribution for education or want to trade a lottery ticket! Lol)

MariahMan 03-09-2008 08:49 AM

Check you're PM's Clint.