The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   Center windshield section on Jubilee (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/7719-center-windshield-section-jubilee.html)

blockp 01-22-2013 08:06 PM

Center windshield section on Jubilee

Did _all_ Jubilee 214 and 244's come without the center windshield section? Is it only the 215's and 245's that have them?

Why in the world would that have been an option to not have that part of the windshield!?

Has anyone here added the hinge and center piece to your boat?

ttownmatt 01-22-2013 11:54 PM

Re: Center windshield section on Jubilee

You must meen the newer Mariahs. Mine only has one .

mikeyt 01-22-2013 11:58 PM

I cant imagine how, or why, they would put a windshield centre section on a Jubilee... :confused:

blockp 01-23-2013 03:00 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Ieesh! I should clarify. I understood the jubilee came with two windshield options; drivers side only (sort of like a bass boat), or full windshield. I was surprised today by seeing a 214 that i thought had a _full_ shield, but found out it was missing the center section (the hinged part that folds on top of the port side, like any other _normal_ windshield)! After looking more closely, it seems that the jubilee i rode in must have actually been a 215, not a 214 that i thought it was.

Here's a 215 that show's it's windshield.
The Mariah Owners Club - Gallery - 215 Jubilee

Here's a 214 with windshield, look close at the port side.
New 1999 Mariah 214d Jubilee 5.0 Mercruiser, Dawsonville, Ga - 30534 - BoatTrader.com

I think the full windshield option started in '99. I have not seen a 97-98 jubilee with one.

[edit] I added better pics of a 99 214.

dpriebe 01-24-2013 03:12 AM

On my 2000 244, I have a windshield on the port and starboard sides. But no center section. Nor are there any hinges or other mounting brackets to indicate that I ever had a center section.
I do however, have a snap-in canvas, for the center section that goes from the top of the windscreen to the floor. It has clear plastic where the windscreen is, and canvas for the rest. I've snapped it in once, just to see how it looked, but have never actually used it on the water. I can see being handy if it were very cold, otherwise I see no use for it.

mikeyt 01-24-2013 01:43 PM

I've seen the Jubilees with the wind shields on both sides but i just cant imagine (nor did Mariah offer) having the centre section unless maybe you had a cover just for the bow area too. That said....it's something that could be done without too much difficulty and would certainly make using the boat in cooler weather much more comfortable. Interesting....

blockp 01-24-2013 01:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks. That's a good idea with the isinglass for the center section. It's pretty common for us to be out until it starts getting chilly in the evening, so it's rare for us to be riding home with the windshield open. On our other boats, I've always had to come up with a way to close up that section from the floor to the windshield, so one piece for the whole thing might work out well.

I priced out a custom piece of windshield and hinge to put in there. The opening on the 214 and 244 is pretty wide though and I'm worried that when it's open, it might hang off the side of the boat, or not be able to give it enough support to drive with it open. It looks like the 215 and 245 have a narrower walk through opening.?

dpriebe; Is your canvas that snaps in shaped something like the attached pic, where the light blue is isinglass and the red is the canvas? Does it look like a mistake when it's snapped in?

Andy b 01-24-2013 04:06 PM

Not only might the centre glass over hang when open it wont look to attractive,
would it not be better to have a removable centre panel that can be slid into place along some channels,
then stowed away under the sun pad when not in use. Just a thought.

blockp 01-25-2013 02:29 PM

I agree. If the center glass would hang out past the port side glass, it's going to look pretty stoopud. If it doesn't, then it would look like any other walk through wind shield with an open bow.

I'm going to go look at it next Saturday. If it is what the seller says and everything checks out, I'll probably be pulling it home. After that, I'll take some measurements and decide what to do with the "missing glass" :)

From pics that I've been able to come up with of 214 and 244's, I'm thinking it's going to be isinglass and canvas to fill that section. Maybe a zipper between the two allow them to be split.?

Oregondunes 01-25-2013 03:50 PM

Im wondering if the walk thru glass in my Z302 is the same width as your opening. If so, I have mine for sale