The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   New Custom Carpet (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/752-new-custom-carpet.html)

S.L.P. 02-23-2008 12:03 AM

New Custom Carpet

Ratty Carpet Owners,
Just rec'd the new custom carpets and they looks great.

Had replacement carpet made for the galley and new carpet under the table in the bow area of the Z260, none there before. Also had a small carpet bound for entry into the boat from the dock. The material is top shelf and bound well with a Sunbrella material. The name of the place is Custom Marine Carpet, (www.SNAPINCARPET.COM) located in MI. They have many colors and styles to chose from. Lotsa pics too. They can put snaps in if you like.

The folks there are very accomodating. I sent them the necessary templates and in less than two weeks , carpets were delivered.

This new carpet is backed w/ a heavy ribbed backing. The original was a softer backing that deteriorated in high traffic areas over the non-skid fiberglass surface. Whenever the old carpet was removed there remained a layer of black dust from the backing. This new backing looks very durable.
Next season the cockpit carpet will be replaced.
I am very pleased.
Steve

mikeyt 02-23-2008 12:30 AM

Sounds good Steve. Post some pics when you get the chance?

milemarker60 02-25-2008 09:37 PM

I've got their samples here in my office and plan to get a quote for my Z302. Do you mind sharing what they charged you?

Thanks,

Dave

S.L.P. 02-25-2008 10:32 PM

Dave,
I had a carpet made for the bow area, the galley area, a bound carpet to put on the dock or swim platform(also bound) and some scraps for the step into the cabin for $350.00. The material is thicker and stiffer than the original.
We chose the Santana color as it matched the original reasonably close.
steve

dharby 04-14-2008 11:21 AM

Bow Carpet replaced with teak floor.

FYI - before I found this thread with carpet/snaps replacement site - I put in a teak floor in my 1994 z220. Found a guy in Thailand who did custom teak work - paid as much for freight as for the floor, but like the results. Have pics if anyone wants. Email me at [email protected] as I don't know how to post pics on this site.

WetWilly 04-14-2008 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dharby (Post 5638)
FYI - before I found this thread with carpet/snaps replacement site - I put in a teak floor in my 1994 z220. Found a guy in Thailand who did custom teak work - paid as much for freight as for the floor, but like the results. Have pics if anyone wants. Email me at [email protected] as I don't know how to post pics on this site.

Hi dharby,

I would really like to see that Teak floor so when you got some time, take a look at this write up from MariahMan on how to up-load your pictures to the Gallery: Click here

If you need further help, just send me a PM.

WetWilly

dharby 04-15-2008 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dharby (Post 5638)

Thanks for the nfo wetwilly.....pictures of the teak floor and aftermarket bimini uploaded to 1994 dharby's talari z220

S.L.P. 05-08-2008 02:25 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Finally got 'er cleaned up enough to take a few shots. Almost ready for the water, if only the weather would cooperate.
Here are two photos of the carpet in the cabin. Carpet was not originally beneath the table/seating area. This material feels heavier than original. The backing seems much more durable than the original also. I will have the cockpit carpet made next season.
S.L.P.

dudders 05-08-2008 02:32 AM

I like the looks of that Bottle of Whiskey you got there, where do you live again??
Oh yeah the carpet, hang on - I forgot to look at that. :yes_grin:

S.L.P. 05-08-2008 10:32 AM

Dudde,
They both keep me warm at night.

steve