The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   Want to buy and have questions on price? (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/7387-want-buy-have-questions-price.html)

tpdtopcop 09-04-2012 08:32 PM

Want to buy and have questions on price?

Currently looking to buy my first Mariah and was wondering if this price is a little high. Below is from the advertisement for sale.

1996 Mariah 225z. cuddy cabin with porta potty. Great boat, very clean, no rips on upholstery, new kenwood marine radio with remote on back for water use, 2 new 6" marine Kenwood speakers. 2 amps, 2 12" sony subwoofers. Lots of new parts, new batteries, new battery cables, new fuel pump and lines, new engine rebuild lower and top half, new water pump, new starter, new shift cable and control, all profesionally done new cover 1 year old. spare stainless prop. comes with eagle trailer good tires. all lights work. Has bimini tops good shape. Outgrew boat, bought a new boat. Tittle in hand. No joy rides. $13,900. OBO

I have looked at nada for a comparable pricing and high retail was $10700.00 with adding tons of extras.

Thanks

Brad

mike699 09-04-2012 11:49 PM

Re: Want to buy and have questions on price?

I don't have any direct experience with that particular model but one thing to note is that the NADA prices do not include the trailer.

Mike

mikeyt 09-05-2012 02:08 AM

Got a link to that boat advertisement?

MW Mariah 09-05-2012 01:02 PM

Agree, NADA is boat only no trailer, and can be somewhat misleading with boats.

Ultimately it has more to do with where you're located, the availability of comparable boats and your "boat market" overall. I have found it really has more to do with what you're comfortable with paying for THIS boat than anything else. If you've shopped around (and I hope you have - if not please do look around a little before you decide) then you should know what prices are for boats in your area. Base your decision on a good boat properly maintained and appointed that fits your budget and makes you happy.

You are the only one that has to live with this purchase, do your homework and that's easy to do.

Oh and BTW - ALWAYS WATER TEST YOUR BOAT BEFORE YOU BUY IT! Might even want a surveyor to look it over.

Good luck!

Dredd 09-05-2012 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyt (Post 38854)
Got a link to that boat advertisement?

1996 Mariah

jgreen 09-05-2012 05:42 PM

A bit high to me, I'm selling my 95 240Z Talari for 10,500 This one is smaller, lower power. I think there are better deals out there.

TexasZ212 09-05-2012 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MW Mariah (Post 38864)
Agree, NADA is boat only no trailer, and can be somewhat misleading with boats.

Ultimately it has more to do with where you're located, the availability of comparable boats and your "boat market" overall. I have found it really has more to do with what you're comfortable with paying for THIS boat than anything else. If you've shopped around (and I hope you have - if not please do look around a little before you decide) then you should know what prices are for boats in your area. Base your decision on a good boat properly maintained and appointed that fits your budget and makes you happy.

You are the only one that has to live with this purchase, do your homework and that's easy to do.

Oh and BTW - ALWAYS WATER TEST YOUR BOAT BEFORE YOU BUY IT! Might even want a surveyor to look it over.

Good luck!

Wise advice^^^^^^^^^

A lot of times the NADA prices are well below what some boats are selling for and are actually worth.

Blueflames79 09-19-2012 02:09 PM

looks like that boat needs its bottom cleaned lol