The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   Seating option? (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/7365-seating-option.html)

JOEY 08-29-2012 08:19 PM

Seating option?

I am looking at a z240 Talari with "power seats" not sure what that is not the imortant anyaway. My question is has anyone added stand up bolsters or was it even an option in that year and model of boat

mikeyt 08-29-2012 08:56 PM

Re: Seating option?

Not sure which model year you are referring to but changing the bucket style captains chair for a stand up bolster seat is nearly always a possibility. The best option is to reuse the existing pedestal if possible. The pedestal is screwed down into a 12" x 12" aluminum plate hidden beneath the floor. If you change the pedestal then its best to try & find one with matching mounting holes. Unfortunately finding an original Mariah bolster seat will be almost impossible so you will have to go aftermarket. If you do a site search for "bolster" you will find a number of threads discussing them.

ColoradoDiablo 08-30-2012 03:27 AM

Joey ,
If all else fails try these guys. You can get custom colors from them and they got a great rep. Including one from me. They do have access to colors that come very close to the Mariah factory colors. They are not quite perfect , but only you will know the dif.

Buy the way welcome to MOC! Best boat forum out there!

Everyone here is committed to helping out in any way.

Helm Seats, Captains Chairs, and Bucket Seats

Larry

JOEY 08-30-2012 08:28 PM

Am i more likley to find factory stand up bolsters in the z shabah series of boats and i noticed most them have Bravo 3 which i really want to stay away from. Thanks for your input this site is great!

mikeyt 08-30-2012 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOEY (Post 38775)
Am i more likley to find factory stand up bolsters in the z shabah series of boats and i noticed most them have Bravo 3 which i really want to stay away from. Thanks for your input this site is great!

I'm really not sure what the bolster seat has to do with a Bravo 3 outdrive but as i noted in my earlier post, your chance of finding an original Mariah bolster seat is near (or at) zero.

JOEY 08-30-2012 09:24 PM

I am sorry i meant most of the z series shabah boats have bravo 3 outdrives.

ShabahZ280 08-31-2012 04:41 PM

I have stand up (drop down) bolsters in my boat. They're also "powered" meaning they move back and forth on the mounting rails by the use of a small electric ram. Mariah didn't offer power bolster seats until the 1998 models.

Why do you want to stay away from the Bravo 3 drives? :confused:

From someone with a Bravo 1, I can tell you I'd give it up any day for a Bravo 3. If you're worried about the corrosion issues, adding an additional Mercathode system seems to be the best fix.