The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   3/8" Thru Hull Fitting (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/6753-3-8-thru-hull-fitting.html)

bigzoon 05-01-2012 03:53 PM

3/8" Thru Hull Fitting

The outside flange of the white plastic thru hull fitting for the cooler drain at the glove box area om my '98 Shabah broke off and I can't seem to locate that size anywhere. It is a 3/8 hole in the hull with a barbed end on the fitting. Has anyone had to replace this one before? Just wondering if I'm going to have to use one of the larger sizes and then add adapter for the 3/8 hose. Any help would be appreciated.

ColoradoDiablo 05-01-2012 04:56 PM

Re: 3/8" Thru Hull Fitting

Look @ iboats.com. They use to have Perko thru hulls in 3/8" hose fitting. You might have to get a 1/2" and a couple of clamps on it. No preasure right , just a drain hole.

Larry

bigzoon 05-01-2012 06:09 PM

Thanks.Yeah, just a drain. Are you referring to the Perko bronze one? I saw that online and it might work but it doesn't have the barbed end, just the threaded end, and they are a lot pricier than the plastic ones, so was hoping to be able to locate the correct plastic replacement. In the end, I'll have to use whatever I can find, so that is one option. Anybody else?

mikeyt 05-01-2012 07:51 PM

Did you have a look at all of the options at Iboats.com or West Marine or even BoatFix.com ?

DCB_MINDED 05-01-2012 10:08 PM

Here's blue, red, and black. Can't find any white ones though. Maybe check the classifieds where someone is parting out a boat?

Through hull jetski water bypass fitting Bilge 3/8 thru | eBay

bigzoon 05-02-2012 12:13 AM

Thanks for the suggestions. Mikey T, I checked out the links you gave me and there doesn't seem to be any manufacturers making a fitting for a 3/8 hole. Unless any body has some specific info, it looks like I'll have to drill to a bigger size in order to repair. I'll wait to see if anyone chimes in soon. DCB Minded, the parting out idea might be a route to go. I'll look for that option too

mikeyt 05-02-2012 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigzoon (Post 35591)
Thanks for the suggestions. Mikey T, I checked out the links you gave me and there doesn't seem to be any manufacturers making a fitting for a 3/8 hole. Unless any body has some specific info, it looks like I'll have to drill to a bigger size in order to repair. I'll wait to see if anyone chimes in soon. DCB Minded, the parting out idea might be a route to go. I'll look for that option too

Have a look in our Marketplace. There are a couple of members parting out their boats.

ColoradoDiablo 05-02-2012 03:05 PM

Hey big ,
Check these out , their kinda cool and would work for you as long as the hull thickness is within limits.

through hull jet ski water bypass fitting Bilge 3/8 90 | eBay

Larry

BrettB 05-03-2017 08:04 PM

Did you ever find this part? I am also searching. What did you end up doing?
Thanks

bigzoon 05-04-2017 12:13 AM

Nope. Wasn't able to locate any kind of a direct replacement. I ended up making a replacement piece for the exterior part and cemented it on where the other had been. I think that I just used white silicone. It's above the water line so silicone was good choice. I left the hose and the old "stem" in the hull. Looks OK. Probably not the answer that you wanted to hear. It's still on there.