The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   Mickey Mantle#7 (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/6550-mickey-mantle-7-a.html)

yachtcapt 03-07-2012 05:37 PM

Mickey Mantle#7

Does anyone know if Mickey Mantle owned a Mariah Z202??? I have been told that there is one in my marina in CT...

ShabahZ280 03-07-2012 06:56 PM

Re: Mickey Mantle#7

2 Attachment(s)
Yes, Mariah's creator Jimmy Fulks was very close friends with Mickey Mantle, back from the days of Celebrity Boats Inc. Mickey owned I believe 2 Mariah's (possibly more) , the one I remember most prominently was the 1992 Ivory, Sable & Ash 200Z, as shown in the first pic. This was used to market Mariah and the 2000Z model, this was from the 92 brochure.

He did also have a wine & white colored Z220, I'm thinking it was around a 1994 or so. This one is shown in the second pic, from Jimmy's personal archive he shared. Pictured with Mickey and Hank Aaron. Mickey's inscription reads "Jim - Thanks for everything, especially the boats and being a great friend.

They were both customized with decals saying "The Mick".

I would assume if those two boats are still in existence, they're QUITE a collector's item!! If the guy at your marina does truly own one, see if you can snap some pics for us, and maybe invite him to the board!

yachtcapt 03-08-2012 12:30 AM

I really appreciate your info.!!! The name on the side of the boat is "The Mick". The hin# states that the boat is a 1995. Mantle died in August of 95'...It is green and white. Maybe with the hin# I can find out.

Regards,

Yachtcapt

ShabahZ280 03-08-2012 04:25 PM

When you get the hull ID, send it to me in a PM, I have the factory build sheets for up to January of 1995, I may be able to find out if it was indeed manufactured for Mickey.

Paul F 03-08-2012 06:21 PM

Wasn't Prince Charles a Mariah owner? I remember having a newsletter about it, but I can't find it.

yachtcapt 03-09-2012 01:03 PM

MAB*******

Thanks....

ShabahZ280 03-10-2012 08:23 PM

Ahh, unfortunately my cutoff for the build sheets is January 24, 1995. That hull was laminated in March of 95, so I can't verify it until I get the rest of the factory build sheets. :( However, if it has "The Mick" decal package on it, I'm pretty sure that's exactly who previously owned it. If you can snap some pics of it, post 'em here!

usawebcat 09-19-2012 02:13 AM

I have a boat that is green and white with all the Mick#7 logos and a picture of Mikey, His Girlfrend and there little white dog riding the waters of Lake Oconee shortly before his death.
ADDED 9/20/2012 ---- This Boat is about 23' long with Twin BOW LIGHTS !! It also has right and left Bow Seats with a green snapon canvas cover.

hershewaybar 07-23-2016 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShabahZ280 (Post 34473)
Yes, Mariah's creator Jimmy Fulks was very close friends with Mickey Mantle, back from the days of Celebrity Boats Inc. Mickey owned I believe 2 Mariah's (possibly more) , the one I remember most prominently was the 1992 Ivory, Sable & Ash 200Z, as shown in the first pic. This was used to market Mariah and the 2000Z model, this was from the 92 brochure.

He did also have a wine & white colored Z220, I'm thinking it was around a 1994 or so. This one is shown in the second pic, from Jimmy's personal archive he shared. Pictured with Mickey and Hank Aaron. Mickey's inscription reads "Jim - Thanks for everything, especially the boats and being a great friend.

They were both customized with decals saying "The Mick".

I would assume if those two boats are still in existence, they're QUITE a collector's item!! If the guy at your marina does truly own one, see if you can snap some pics for us, and maybe invite him to the board!

I believe the wine and white is running out of Colinsville illinois. The Mick would get a new model each year for a few years in the 1990s. They would be authenticated and sold upon their return to factory.

themick220 06-09-2018 03:36 AM

Chris,
We just bought the cream and wine one, could you help us validate this?