The Mariah Owners Club

The Mariah Owners Club (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/)
-   Original Mariah Talk (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/)
-   -   stainless steel "T-Nuts" for mounting the headrests (http://www.mariahownersclub.com/forum/original-mariah-talk/6483-stainless-steel-t-nuts-mounting-headrests.html)

rvguy791 02-12-2012 04:29 PM

stainless steel "T-Nuts" for mounting the headrests

Anyone know where to get stainless steel "T-Nuts" for mounting the headrests?

mark43 02-12-2012 05:11 PM

Re: stainless steel "T-Nuts" for mounting the headrests

I have bought them from both Lowe's and Ace Hardware.

jarwiebe 02-12-2012 05:41 PM

Just a note, be careful that the seller doesn't try to sell you galvanized instead of stainless steel. I visited a local "marine" supply house who told me over the phone that they had the SS t nuts. When I got there, the package he handed me clearly stated that they were galvanized, when I ask for the SS he said these were the same. Obviously he didn't have a clue what he was talking about. I ended up ordering them from Fastenal because no one carried the SS in our town.

rvguy791 02-12-2012 06:02 PM

I live in Canada and will check out Lowes tomorro. However galvanized would also be an improvement over the raw steel used by the factory. Thanks guys. Robert

hammy44 02-14-2012 08:38 PM

I live in Northern Ireland and have trouble getting any marine parts locally. I was able to purchase a selection of ss t nuts online from Jamestown Distributors. If you have no luck sourcing locally try their site.

www.jamestowndistributors.com

Good luck with the repair.

rvguy791 02-14-2012 11:48 PM

I found them at lowes locally. Thanks to everyone who replied. They weren't cheap though $5.00 each with two per headrest $40.00 + bolts plus tax. I am having the complete boat re-upolstered and want to do it perfect. No more rust.

rvguy791 02-14-2012 11:56 PM

Next problem is that with the newly re-upolstered helm and passenger seats (96 210 SE Shabah) the bases are designed to swivel and adjust forward to back but they have no provision (or very little) to adjust for height. Anyone know of a gas or spring loaded height adjusting post that will fit the existing seat mount. The floor plate is easily changed as it is only lag bolted but the under seat bracket would be a different story. The OEM underseat seat hardware is made by Springfield and has a Mfg # on the under the seat hardware D3725. What can I do?

mikeyt 02-15-2012 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rvguy791 (Post 34173)
Next problem is that with the newly re-upolstered helm and passenger seats (96 210 SE Shabah) the bases are designed to swivel and adjust forward to back but they have no provision (or very little) to adjust for height. Anyone know of a gas or spring loaded height adjusting post that will fit the existing seat mount. The floor plate is easily changed as it is only lag bolted but the under seat bracket would be a different story. The OEM underseat seat hardware is made by Springfield and has a Mfg # on the under the seat hardware D3725. What can I do?

I emailed back and forth with Springfield directly when i was looking to do the same thing. You need to know the height of the existing pedestal and the diameter of the base bolt pattern. Springfield sorted out which units i could use then referred me to Cascade Depot to purchase the unit. Cascade's prices were good & shipping was quick. Here was my contact's info at Springfield:

Kenny Carnahan
[email protected]
1-417-725-2667 ext.220.